Hot oil warning, traction control light, & engine light

annapre55ley

I have a 2014 wrangler sport, and i’ve had it for ~2 years. no problems up until this week. i had an issue of my dome light not coming on when my driver side door was open. my dad offered to take a look and that’s when everything went to hell. he was poking around in the fuse box, and next thing i know when i crank it up, my dashboard looks like a christmas tree.

here’s what’s going on:

- i’m getting a “hot oil” warning with nonstop beeping
- check engine light is on
- traction control light is on
- we took it to a parts store and they ran the computer and got a “cannot locate TCM” message
- we’ve seen every youtube video, forum, etc. trying to figure out what’s going on
- already took it to the dealership and they have no appointments for 2 WEEKS
- went into a limp mode and won’t gear up now and having trouble switching gears
- also have noticed that when i turn the key it’s taking longer to start when before it would immediately crank as soon as i turned it
- it’s now sitting at a shop hoping they can squeeze me in and look today - they say it’s a coincidence this happened after my dad was messing with it but i don’t think so

i’ve tried looking at other forums but it seemed no one has ever found the solution. has anyone else had issues with this?? someone ease my mind lol

Personally the first thing I would check would be the battery. Low voltage can cause absolute havoc on the computer and throw random codes as you are seeing. If you are unable to test it yourself, get it to an auto store. If that's not an option grab a known good battery and try to hook it up and see if that helps/cures the problem.