Hit my sterring rod on a rock

Jino

Today I did some wheeling and slightly hit a rock with my tie rod. On the way home, it seems my steering is a bit off, have to fight it more to change lanes or curved roads.
Also pulls a little more if I take my hands off the wheel.

Did I damage the tie rod where I need a replacement or something easily fixable?

It was immediately after I hit the rock, as soon as I got on the road.

So just replace the tir rod?

It was immediately after I hit the rock, as soon as I got on the road.

So just replace the tir rod?

It depends on where the rock hit the tie rod area, it could have bent the rod that runs between them. You just need to inspect it good before buying parts.

It depends on where the rock hit the tie rod area, it could have bent the rod that runs between them. You just need to inspect it good before buying parts.
It was right around the middle, judging by the scrape marks

It doesn't seem to be bent, just scratched up.
What else could be the issue?

Did more damage than I thought
20210904_111615.jpg

• Face Palm
Reactions: mrjp
I had one on mine when I got it and took it off, but I have stock tires on also. They sometimes help with oversize tires.

So I could remove it completely and it would be fine?

I apologize for the stupid beginner questions.

You have to remove it because it's bent, if it's not needed you'll know if your Jeep drives like it's supposed to.

If you are doing wheeling that caused that kinda damage, you will want the stabilizer. I agree that you need to get that one off, but it dampens the wheel to steering wheel impacts, so large rocks that could cause the steering to move don't translate to your arms as bad.

as it is now, it is just making steering hard because it can't do it's job. You will potentially wreck other things if you drive it like it is now.

If you are doing wheeling that caused that kinda damage, you will want the stabilizer. I agree that you need to get that one off, but it dampens the wheel to steering wheel impacts, so large rocks that could cause the steering to move don't translate to your arms as bad.

as it is now, it is just making steering hard because it can't do it's job. You will potentially wreck other things if you drive it like it is now.
Is it easy to remove? I only have basic tools