High pitch grinding / scraping noise

Jpatterson619

I’m having a hard time diagnosing this high pitch grind. I only hear it when accelerating around 2000 RPM then goes away at higher rpm/speed. It only happens when the vehicle is under load. It doesn’t matter what gear I’m in, it almost seems as if it’s related to the pedal position. I’ve put the rear of the vehicle on jackstands and accelerated to the RPM that it usually happens with no noise. I ran it up and down a wall on both sides, and it definitely sounds louder on the passenger side.
I replaced the hub assembly when I got a speed sensor code but that didn’t fix my problem.
I removed my front drive shaft and the noise is still there

I took a video while power braking to check motor mounts. Does the engine movement look acceptable? Also, I’m hearing a whine when power braking but not sure if it’s the same thing I’m hearing while driving.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_0667.mov
    5.7 MB
  • IMG_0804.mov
    31 MB
Is your Jeep a automatic?

If so it could be your flexplate is cracked.
Yes it’s automatic. I replaced the motor about 1000 miles ago. I inspected the flex plate and it looked fine. Maybe something happened during install? I thought it might be a loose flex plate bolt and double checked those were tight

Did you check the heat shields? We had one that started making noise after changing the tranny and transfer case fluid.

Reactions: BLACKJKU
I thought I should mention there is no noise when revving in park, neutral, or reverse. Brakes were changed recently and u-joint was inspected and seemed fine

I thought I should mention there is no noise when revving in park, neutral, or reverse. Brakes were changed recently and u-joint was inspected and seemed fine

If it only does it when in drive have someone get inside put parking brake on and put it in gear with foot on the brake and give it some gas and you or someone listen from the side to pinpoint it.