Help before I run it off a cliff šŸ˜¬

Vcornelius

Cylinder 1 misfire + fuel injector codes. Rough idle, sputtering:
Changed fuel injector.

Random cylinder misfire + cylinder 3 misfire + 02 sensor bank 1 sensor 1. Rough idle, sputtering:
changed coil, new plugs and wires.

Now today Iā€™m getting p0030 and p0031 which I think are O2 sensors. What would you try next???

Napa mechanic seems to be perplexed.

By the way, this is all in a 2 week period. And Iā€™ve had that 02 sensor replaced in the past.

Fun side note: now my airbag light also comes on and dings at me every 30 seconds or so. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

What year is your JK?

Have the grounds, battery clamps and cables been cleaned and tightened?

Are you using OEM parts, these JK's are pretty picky on what gets installed on them.
2008 JK X.
I donā€™t know if they cleaned and tightened those. I imagine thatā€™s something I could do myself, while not a very experienced mechanic.
As far as OEM parts, I donā€™t know. I know the plugs are double platinum but thatā€™s the extent of my knowledge

add one of these to your tool box. You can visually see if the terminals are clean or have corrosion on them. You can also try and wiggle the battery post connectors, they should not move. If the terminals need cleaning, undo the negative and positive post and use the brush.

Reactions: mrjp and Vcornelius
Oh and I got p0300. Which is a misfire. Again.

Best thing to do is to talk to your Mechanic and tell him you talked to the Jeep experts and tell him what we said about parts and the grounds. You can get a same code back if the part wasn't OEM.

Also sometimes you need to do a battery reset so that the Jeep can relearn the new parts. It sounds stupid but has been proven many times.

Also it isn't because I get paid to say that.