Has anyone installed H13 LED headlight bulbs in factory headlights?

15' JK 4 Me

Has anyone installed H13 LED headlight bulbs? Can't justify hundreds replacing the whole headlight assembly. Wonder if there are any out there that have true white light and project well. Thanks.

Big mistake.

Halogen housings are meant for halogen bulbs.

And LED bulb in a halogen housing will disperse light in all the wrong ways. By doing this you will be rendering your light output effectively useless (scattered everywhere), and you will be blinding oncoming traffic.

A good set of LED headlights can be had for around $100. Do the right thing and replace the entire housing.

See this thread for options:

Jeep Wrangler JK LED Headlight Upgrade Options

Big mistake.

Halogen housings are meant for halogen bulbs.

And LED bulb in a halogen housing will disperse light in all the wrong ways. By doing this you will be rendering your light output effectively useless (scattered everywhere), and you will be blinding oncoming traffic.

A good set of LED headlights can be had for around $100. Do the right thing and replace the entire housing.

See this thread for options:

Jeep Wrangler JK LED Headlight Upgrade Options

There are LED's available that mimic the halogen bulb and produce the same pattern. I am willing to try and I will report back.

There are LED's available that mimic the halogen bulb and produce the same pattern. I am willing to try and I will report back.

Really? If there are, please to try and report. I'd be curious.

Up until now I only knew about the ones that just cause light to be thrown everywhere in all the wrong directions :LOL:

I have some nineo leds in the jk and they mimic a halogen bulb. i like them I've had them for about a year I think. I would recommend them. Infact I just some in my mothers in laws truck and she loves them.

Really? If there are, please to try and report. I'd be curious.

Up until now I only knew about the ones that just cause light to be thrown everywhere in all the wrong directions :LOL:

Check these out;

I did it, installed XK Glow LED headlight bulbs. These things are 1,000 times better than stock. Mimic the halogen perfectly, no light scattered. Intact I believe the patern is more focused where it needs to be. I did not need any adjustment, also, didn't need the error cancellers. These are made by XK Glow, I have their LED's on both my Harley's. Very happy with their products. Fog lights next!

Reactions: Chris
Good to know you like it! It would be cool if you could snap some pictures at night from the drivers seat on a dark road so we could see what the beam pattern / light output looks like (y)

So after having these installed for a couple of months I can say not one car has flashed their lights at me. These have a great pattern. I don't get to drive on too many roads without traffic or street lights but I will eventually get a photo. I highly recommend these if you're thinking of going to LED.

I have some nineo leds in the jk and they mimic a halogen bulb. i like them I've had them for about a year I think. I would recommend them. Infact I just some in my mothers in laws truck and she loves them.
ED452729-FB48-4608-BB94-A95546ABD2B5.jpeg
Low beams
C3CF7FFE-44D3-4ABA-B074-D4371ACE98B5.jpeg

High beams

Reactions: Wcampbell40