Hard top hoist recommendation

tsetsefly1

JK Enthusiast
Hello all! Just moved into a new pad and my old DIY hoist system is not going to work (and required a lot of 'work'). So I'm looking to see if you guys have any suggestions as to a hard top hoist system. I have looked at the Harkin system a bit, but wondering if anyone else has any suggestions. I have 12' ceilings in my garage so plenty of room.

Open rafters, drywall, or what? My favorite cheap system is a boat winch on the wall and pulleys. That doesn't work in my present garage so I still do it manually.

That makes it a bit more of a challenge, but this is essentially what I'm doing in the spring.

If you don't have access from above, you'll just need to get creative in distributing the load with 2x4's.

Reactions: tsetsefly1 and mrjp
That makes it a bit more of a challenge, but this is essentially what I'm doing in the spring.

If you don't have access from above, you'll just need to get creative in distributing the load with 2x4's.
Yeah I might look into this idea as well. Seems good - My main issue will be getting into my attic and over to where this is! (rough problems I know...) But, I think it's a slick idea. 1 man job for sure once its installed!!