Hard top edge treatment

zinisk

From PO, my hardtop has scratches and small chips at lower edges near where it meets the body. Thought this welting might be a good solution to cover those defects and protect it somewhat when handling hardtop off Jeep.

Anyone try this welting approach?

https://www.amazon.com/Rubber-Self-Adhesive-Protector-Material-Channel/dp/B0BK83RSZH/?tag=jkforum-20

IMG_7616[1].JPG

I'm not sure if that will help or cause your hardtop to leak 🤔
Not a leak concern for me, there's plenty of clearance between bottom edge of hardtop and body/sealing surface to prevent interference by the welting.

Not a leak concern for me, there's plenty of clearance between bottom edge of hardtop and body/sealing surface to prevent interference by the welting.
I say do it then! Post some pictures and your review for others who might want to try it.

I can’t message u directly to get the size, but it looks great! Wanting to pick some up for ours as well but not sure which one to get?

Reactions: zinisk
Looks good to me. I assume you will cut the back so the rear window will open? Does it interfere with the tailgate opening?

We just bought a used jeep for our son with an identical issue. Great idea for a fix and your solution looks factory!! Did you need to remove the top to apply or no?

We just bought a used jeep for our son with an identical issue. Great idea for a fix and your solution looks factory!! Did you need to remove the top to apply or no?
I didn't remove top, had enough room to slip through the gap. Top off would be easier but not by much

Reactions: Brangler
Brangler - Install was very easy. For best adhesion I cleaned the sealing surfaces on the top with rubbing alcohol on Q-tip first.

Reactions: Brangler