Gear Ratio for 35" tires

I agree with others you'll be most happy w 56s or 88s w auto and if you don't have a Rubi. I have a Rubi w/ 4.10s, manual and 35s. This is fine for street/highways and with the 4:1 T/C there's plenty of power for any offroading.

Reactions: Speartip
I went with a Regear to 4.88's and while I was at it I put Eaton TruTrac in the Rear. I have the 3.8 with and Auto and I could not be happier. Still rolling on 34 inch Tires but they are just about ready for replacement and I will go with 35's then. The RPM's are just about perfectly in the middle of the Power Band usually 2400 to 2800... I never drive really fast.

Gary

Since it's a daily it will depend on how far you commute and your tolerance for engine speed.

View attachment 127004

If you're starting with OEM 245s or 255s and 3.21 final drive you will gain 500rpm or so with 35s and a 4.56 at 70mph. Some maybe totally fine with that, some may hate it...

In my experience I would want to stay under 3000 and get as much gear as possible if I'm spending the money. I like @Snowbird Tom 's 4.88 route!

Thought I should post chart as scrolling threw thread than “bingo “.

Another thing to consider is the actual tire size. My 285/70-17's actually measure out to 32", not the almost 33" that BFG advertises.

Yup , Exactly. If running the K02 pretty much have to purchase a 37” to get close to 35”. If I recall a 37 is 35.5” or something close to that
Size accuracy will be manufacturer dependant
Once installed , pressure to about 30lbs than measure .
Adjust computer using JSCAN or whatever else you have available .

Yup , Exactly. If running the K02 pretty much have to purchase a 37” to get close to 35”. If I recall a 37 is 35.5” or something close to that
Size accuracy will be manufacturer dependant
Once installed , pressure to about 30lbs than measure .
Adjust computer using JSCAN or whatever else you have available .
True. My stockers were on 18" rims (Sahara) with stock tire size and when I went to 17" rims with 33s I did the level and measure to JSCAN in my speedo and it was so close to the same height it didn't require a JSCAN speedo recalibrate. I gained a bit of sidewall for airing down but no height.

Reactions: Speartip