Full tank size question

Danarch

JK Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a question about my full tank size, Jeep is 2015 JKUHR. The build sheet states it has 22.5 gallon tank. Then under optional equipment it states “5 additional gallons of gas” does that mean it has a total of 27.5 gallons? If so how does that work? When the tank gets low (with low fuel light on) and I put in gas it only tanks about 17-18 gallons of gas and the needle is basically on ”E”. If there was a total of 27.5 gallons seems like the gas gauge would not be on “E” at 17-18 gallons. The typical fill up is 16-17 gallons. Is there a separate 5 gallon tank? And no I don’t want to run it to empty to find out.

My is the same way. I think it means that your Jeep came with 5 gallons of extra fuel at delivery. It's the only thing I can figure out.

Reactions: Danarch
I was just doing some searching on the question and the 4 dr has about a 5 gallon bigger fuel tank, most were saying it's a 22.5 gallon. 18 gallon on the 2dr Jk's.

Reactions: mrjp and Danarch
I believe it is the amount of gas in the tank when purchased new. my 2 door lists like this

Tire Pressure Monitoring Display
For More Info, Call 888-539-7474
1-Yr. SiriusXM Radio Service
5 Additional Gallons of Gas
Spring - Left Front
Spring - Left Rear

Reactions: mrjp and Danarch
Thanks you for the input. I didn’t think it was 22 plus 5 as it does not seem to hold that much.