Front bumpers!

KSwanson

When it comes to front bumpers…
Full width-mid width-and stubby?
I love the way some of the full width bumpers look… but don’t want to do a full width unless it’s necessary. What are the differences?
Thanks Jeep friends! ♥️

Yeah, that’s the best website and where I order all my mods 😂 lol!
I have looked at all of them, is it all just about personal preference or does a specific type serve a different purpose than the other?

I have looked at all of them, is it all just about personal preference or does a specific type serve a different purpose than the other?

They are either a winch bumper or no winch bumper. And you can put a winch bumper on and not put a winch on it. So it's whatever you like for the money you want to pay.

Reactions: mrjp and BigAL07
IMG_2216.JPG

I have half way between a stubby & mid width.
Part is personal preference . The stubby's or mid width
do give more clearance to the front tires when
approaching a high obstacle. Also going down
a super steep washout obstacle than up again
with barely any flatness at the bottom need max
clearance which a stubby will give you.
I have seen a handful of full widths that rise up
in front of tires to give additional clearance.

I got stubs. To be honest with the type of wheeling I do (rocks/trees) anything else would have likely been dead by now.

I really don’t see benefits to a full width. More weight and less clearance.

The 3/4 bumpers do hold the body lines of a Jeep better and are more cosmetically pleasing I will say.

IMG_5590.JPG DCAM1265.JPG

I am not a fan of the look of the JK with a stubby, but there is no way to argue that they're not the best choice for approach angle. And for a real hardcore rock monster, they're the only reasonable choice. Since our current Rubis are not intended for the hardest trails in the world, I've gone with a wider bumper. The upswept ends improves the approach angle.

Reactions: mrjp and Speartip