Flashing check engine light

Tim marsters

Hey guys i have a jeep wrangler 07 thats been showing engine light flashing. I only drive my jeep like once a week but days i will just turn it on during the week and let it run for 5mins. But yesterday was different as it struggled to turn on and was shaking then it will just turn on like it had no gas in the car. So i turned on agen same thing . I turned the car on then saw the light flashing so i stopped and left it how it is . Any ideas if it a major or maybe just misfiring ?

You need to get an OBDII scanner or go to an auto part store (they'll scan it for free) and tell us what codes it's throwing. Without the codes we can't help you.

Reactions: mrjp
Might be your alternator. You might be able to take it an auto store and they might be able to test it. Also Jscan might be able to give live voltage information. I haven’t tried it in Jscan as I have a different device that continuously monitors different items depending on what I program in it.

Oh ok will try looking into checking my alternator . I tryed to jump start it and it was idling but struggled to stay on then just turned off

Another option is once it is started disconnect the battery cables, if it dies then good chance the alternator is out.

Reactions: BigAL07
Another option is once it is started disconnect the battery cables, if it dies then good chance the alternator is out.
I'm pretty sure JK's will NOT run with just alternator power. The alternator requires the battery to provide exciter voltage, and after a few minutes w/o that, the alternator will stop producing juice.

Reactions: mrjp
I'm pretty sure JK's will NOT run with just alternator power. The alternator requires the battery to provide exciter voltage, and after a few minutes w/o that, the alternator will stop producing juice.
Interesting

Hey guys . My jeep is finally working not sure what happened . All i did was towed it from my driveway into my carport then fort il just charge battery for like 5mins . Allov a sudden my jeep turned on st8 away and was idling normally. Its starts fine now everytime i turn it on. Scanned it agen an still showed low power voltage code. Emp bas . Abs light are showing now. Engine light shows and flashes but when engine is on then it doesnt comes on. Scanned again shows same low voltage code.