Easy Bikini Top

Raindog

Still learning this jeep stuff and appreciate your patience. Got a 3 piece hardtop on a 2 door 2012 JK Sport. Not an everyday driver for us-weekender. Going to remove the top for the summer until fall. Looking for options about easy on off bikini tops that can be put on quickly for that rain shower or that bearing down sun for shade. Just trying to see what other people in my shoes have done.

This isn't exactly what you have asked but I'll tell you my current direction after pondering the same question on my '16 2dr.

I'm going to keep using the Freedom Tops when needed/wanted. I just purchased a bag for the back to keep them stored while not in use. Easy on, easy off... Since I don't have a soft top I didn't want something that required a header, door surrounds, etc. For the back I'll purchase a duster/tonneau along with a tailgate bar. $175 or so and that will be my "Summer" solution.

I picked up a Quadratec combo of bikini, windjammer, and tonneau cover pretty cheap a few years ago. Not overly impressed with them. I'm tempted to buy the Bestop version because it looks like there are fewer straps. And Bestop quality is 2nd to none.

This isn't exactly what you have asked but I'll tell you my current direction after pondering the same question on my '16 2dr.

I'm going to keep using the Freedom Tops when needed/wanted. I just purchased a bag for the back to keep them stored while not in use. Easy on, easy off... Since I don't have a soft top I didn't want something that required a header, door surrounds, etc. For the back I'll purchase a duster/tonneau along with a tailgate bar. $175 or so and that will be my "Summer" solution.
Hey tJKrider- wondering if you have finished your set up with your tonneau-tailgate bar set up? Sounds exactly what I would like to do. If so what brand did you go with and what are your thoughts about overall satisfaction? Would like to keep it under $200 also. It’s been a couple of weeks since you posted so just curious about your results if you have done anything

Hey tJKrider- wondering if you have finished your set up with your tonneau-tailgate bar set up? Sounds exactly what I would like to do. If so what brand did you go with and what are your thoughts about overall satisfaction? Would like to keep it under $200 also. It’s been a couple of weeks since you posted so just curious about your results if you have done anything
I'm getting close. I just purchased a hard top removal and storage solution and need to rearrange the garage a bit to make that functional. Then I'm going to pull the trigger on the tonneau once the roof can come off. I'm thinking of this one:

Screenshot_20240426-092312~2.png

It's still not full topless season around here so I have some time... 😉

Ok- you’ve tweaked my interest now with”hardtop removal and storage solution “. I have just received my Mopar storage bags for the freedom tops but being an old retired man I find the top removal a bit cumbersome. As long as I can retrieve one of my sons to help me-no problem. I then can store it in my garage but it will take up a lot of space. Thinking about hanging it on rafters out under my carport but might attract birds. Anyway if you have a solution for taking off yourself or storage I’m all ears.

Anyway if you have a solution for taking off yourself or storage I’m all ears.
Nothing real clever... I just purchased a Rollnjack lift since they're having a sale:

I just noticed they dropped the price another $95 from what I paid. Now $399. I've put mine together and it seems like a quality piece. I'll post a summary when I use it for its intended purpose...

Nothing real clever... I just purchased a Rollnjack lift since they're having a sale:

[/URL]

I just noticed they dropped the price another $95 from what I paid. Now $399. I've put mine together and it seems like a quality piece. I'll post a summary when I use it for its intended purpose...
So you have it hand, have you tried to use it? What is the jack, screw drive or some hydraulic ram inside? What about caster, good enough quality? Think may tip over forward or backawards?

Still learning this jeep stuff and appreciate your patience. Got a 3 piece hardtop on a 2 door 2012 JK Sport. Not an everyday driver for us-weekender. Going to remove the top for the summer until fall. Looking for options about easy on off bikini tops that can be put on quickly for that rain shower or that bearing down sun for shade. Just trying to see what other people in my shoes have done.
Raindog,

Just got a 2dr JK, '16, with hardtop& Freedom panels. No top off experience yet.
Most of my experience is with my TJ. Replaced full doors with 1/2 factory doors in summer. What worked best for me was top off all summer. Garaged when I could. When outside, full Bestop trail cover when parked and used Mastertop bikini (solid) when riding in blistering heat, rarely. Bikini did little to keep rain out, better than nothing. Friend had screen bikini and he liked it to cut extreme heat. Trail cover can be carried in back if needed.

Reactions: JerryD and tJKrider

The nice thing about this is no flapping :)

Reactions: tJKrider
Read the one review about RedRock tailgate bar and he said he liked it but he had to buy a special tool that was $70. Curious about that or maybe another way to get it attached. Only review I could find about it

Hey 1o1 Proof. That mesh top looks nice. Does it flap around at all? We won’t be doing a lot of highway but still going 50-60 is there much turbulence? Do you think it’s a durable product?

Read the one review about RedRock tailgate bar and he said he liked it but he had to buy a special tool that was $70. Curious about that or maybe another way to get it attached. Only review I could find about it
I think that may be for some other RedRock product - just a misplaced review as often happens. This one looks to be same as the Bestop one for $105. There are others on the market as well... You can look thru the XT or Quadratec sites.

Hey 1o1 Proof. That mesh top looks nice. Does it flap around at all? We won’t be doing a lot of highway but still going 50-60 is there much turbulence? Do you think it’s a durable product?
It really doesn't move around bad at all, there is some movement when meeting larger oncoming traffic but, I would think that is the case with any cover. My favorite feature about these shades (and all made like this) is that it can be left in place with the soft top up. Meaning if you get caught out in the rain you can put the top up without taking time to remove the shade.

We have had ours for 3 years now and I just replaced the cords last week, which cost about $15.

Reactions: tJKrider and JerryD
Think I’ll get a mesh top. Although since I have freedom tops that I will use with a duster/tonneau for serious rain I think I’ll have to maybe remove it Looks like the front windshield hooks (3) would interfere with the mesh still on. Not sure