Ducking Jeeps

BlackRaven

Hey all,

All though I do see that this site is for great information on Jeeps. I originally looking for information about this Ducking Jeep thing going on. Since I have had a rubber ducky on my dashboard since 2002 coming out of a Walgreens and found that I ran it over, picked it up and put it on the dash of my TJ. Having never seen nor heard of anyone else having one it peaked my interest in how it all started out. My kids thought I was the "original" Jeep owner to start this craze. I don't know that to be true though and I do not go around leaving rubber ducks on other Jeeps.

I know this isn't a "serious Jeep question but if anyone would have any input it would be appreciated.

BR

Last edited:
Well, if you have a TJ, you should be aware this is a JK forum, so you probably want this forum:

As for ducking Jeeps, I have no idea. Probably just some dumb Instagram or social media thing for all I know.

Yeah, it's just a trend. I think it originated on tik tok or something. On one of the Facebook groups, I am apart of I stated that I would throw it in the trash if someone "ducked" me. Not trying to be a jerk (to be polite about it), but I don't like other people touching my stuff. I was always taught not to touch other people's vehicles (even if its a piece of crap) because it isn't yours. Right now its putting ducks on people's vehicles, next it could be something more permanent. Just my two cents.

I agree, I wouldn't want anyone opening the door of my Jeep even to leave ducky and I have duckies. My rubber duck "fetish" started just as a fluke you could say. So, you wont catch me putting ducks in anyone Jeeps. FYI: I love my Jeep! It's my third and I just love driving a Jeep.

I've seen it on FB Jeep pages a lot recently. Most of the ducks are left on the Jeep somewhere (windshield, step, etc) and not put inside the vehicle from what I've seen. A lot of people are excited to leave them and recieve them, and while I don't need to be "ducked" I wouldn't be put off if it was left on my Jeep somewhere, but would draw the line at opening a door and placing it inside. Just my .02¢

Reactions: Locky
Well, if you have a TJ, you should be aware this is a JK forum, so you probably want this forum:

As for ducking Jeeps, I have no idea. Probably just some dumb Instagram or social media thing for all I know.

I had a TJ. I now have JK, it's my third Jeep.

My wife has a Jk and we took it to a Jeep get together at a local winery a couple weeks ago. There she found a yellow rubber ducky on the bumper which we ended up losing because the dog distracted us from grabbing it.

Last week she came out of the grocery store and found a white rubber ducky unicorn with a rainbow striped tail. I'm not sure what the message is there.

Earlier tonight I was driving and we pulled up next to a 4 door JK. I kinda waved but paid not attention so they beeped their horn and the passenger rolled down their window and handed me another yellow rubber ducky.

I was slowly driving in a parking lot when another Wrangler drove toward me. He rolled his window down as I did. He handed me a rubber duck and said "You have been ducked". First I had heard of ducking.

Wife came home today from work, and one of those little rubber ducks was wedged in the door handle. F-ing F it squeaks, now my rescue half, some what Terrier want's to rip it apart. All good. You cousins have a Primo American Thanks Giving.

I agree, I wouldn't want anyone opening the door of my Jeep even to leave ducky and I have duckies. My rubber duck "fetish" started just as a fluke you could say. So, you wont catch me putting ducks in anyone Jeeps. FYI: I love my Jeep! It's my third and I just love driving a Jeep.
I got ducked once. They left it tucked into my door handle. I appreciated that. Wouldn't like any stranger doing that. If people are opening other Jeeps, then i'm surprised there hasn't been any shootings on the news saying, turns out the nice man was leaving a rubber ducky in the vehicle to show his admiration when fatally shot by unknowing owner. I thought they left them outside in some way.

Been ducked twice. One of them was the basic yellow and the other was pretty elaborate, complete with a tag and the name of the person who left it.

Apparently, there's a whole social media thing (#duckduckjeep).

1628783859592.png

• Face Palm
Reactions: mrjp and BLACKJKU
Both myself and my daughter have been ducked a few times. I don't know where this 'getting in the vehicle' stuff came from, but I can't imagine anyone doing that. We've always found them on the door handle. Not a big deal really. I don't get the whole "don't touch my stuff" attitude. Birds do far worse to our vehicles! lol

T

Reactions: mrjp
whats up with the DUCKS ! got one from a young sweety but never found out about the DUCK THING.
I am now up to 10 ducks. If someone likes your olllllo they leave a duck. It should have a tag on it that give you a website or a Facebook page so you can share to the world when and where you were Ducked. I have 10 and never went to the website.

I am now up to 10 ducks. If someone likes your olllllo they leave a duck. It should have a tag on it that give you a website or a Facebook page so you can share to the world when and where you were Ducked. I have 10 and never went to the website.
so do i display it ,pass it on, save it etc.?

I got a chance to talk to my ducker, nice guy I think he got ducked and his daughter got him to keep it up. I never continued with it, I'm an old Fart
minelabbob - Nice jeep - love that color - Why so angry:mad:

Reactions: mrjp and SteveF