Ducking Jeeps

BlackRaven

Hey all,

All though I do see that this site is for great information on Jeeps. I originally looking for information about this Ducking Jeep thing going on. Since I have had a rubber ducky on my dashboard since 2002 coming out of a Walgreens and found that I ran it over, picked it up and put it on the dash of my TJ. Having never seen nor heard of anyone else having one it peaked my interest in how it all started out. My kids thought I was the "original" Jeep owner to start this craze. I don't know that to be true though and I do not go around leaving rubber ducks on other Jeeps.

I know this isn't a "serious Jeep question but if anyone would have any input it would be appreciated.

BR

Last edited:

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Well, if you have a TJ, you should be aware this is a JK forum, so you probably want this forum:

As for ducking Jeeps, I have no idea. Probably just some dumb Instagram or social media thing for all I know.

IndominusHuman

JK Enthusiast
Yeah, it's just a trend. I think it originated on tik tok or something. On one of the Facebook groups, I am apart of I stated that I would throw it in the trash if someone "ducked" me. Not trying to be a jerk (to be polite about it), but I don't like other people touching my stuff. I was always taught not to touch other people's vehicles (even if its a piece of crap) because it isn't yours. Right now its putting ducks on people's vehicles, next it could be something more permanent. Just my two cents.

OP
B

BlackRaven

I agree, I wouldn't want anyone opening the door of my Jeep even to leave ducky and I have duckies. My rubber duck "fetish" started just as a fluke you could say. So, you wont catch me putting ducks in anyone Jeeps. FYI: I love my Jeep! It's my third and I just love driving a Jeep.