Disable ABS ?

crazyshadow

Hi,

On my 09 wrangler JK, my rear left parking brake broke and rubbed the tone ring of the wheel speed sensor, resulting in a faulty sensor reading and ABS light coming on and off at random.

The problem is I cant get the repair done within couple weeks and I need to drive it. the ABS kick in randomly and I fear to break something.

Can I just disable the ABS module for few weeks without messing anything?

I have Jscan and OBD reader to disable it

My ABS/ESP light has been on for almost a year now and no issues, haven't checked to see what is causing it. All I know is im glad because I don't like either of the functions. Only downfall of the ABS light being on is I don't have cruise control.

Not having ABS you'll have braking like normal unless you loose traction when coming to a stop and if you know how to drive that shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: BigAL07
I hear grinding noise when ABS is on (light off) and the noise disapear once the system turn off ABS ( light on) .

So i prefer to turn it off completely to avoid damage

Thanks for the info, i will try to turn off completely with JScan until i can get it repair

I hear grinding noise when ABS is on (light off) and the noise disapear once the system turn off ABS ( light on) .

So i prefer to turn it off completely to avoid damage

Thanks for the info, i will try to turn off completely with JScan until i can get it repair

Does it disable it with the fuse pulled? I'm not sure if J-Scan can disable a safety feature.

It seems to work now, the ABS is disabled and stay disabled, it doesn't kick on/off anymore.
I didn't use the ESC kill function as shown in the video from last post, There is also an option to turn it off in the module control
Thanks!

Reactions: mrjp and BigAL07
It seems to work now, the ABS is disabled and stay disabled, it doesn't kick on/off anymore.
I didn't use the ESC kill function as shown in the video from last post, There is also an option to turn it off in the module control
Thanks!

Does your cruise control still work?

And vote CP! IF you are truly Canadian (crazyshadow?) and own a Jeep JK, that ass PM of ours will ban it after he takes our hunting rifles.

FnhM7anWYAAITaF.jpg