Death wobble

jackson4498

I have a 2014 two door with a 2" suspension lift that includes 2" pucks at the top of the springs and upgraded shocks all around. It came with the lift with 33"x12.5" tires when I bought it, and I installed 265/70R18 on stock Sahar wheels for an everyday setup, and ever since the swap I've experienced the good ol' death wobble when hitting bumps at about 45mph. This doesn't happen with every bump, and I've had it looked at by two shops and both have said nothing looks broken/worn out/loose. Could it be the lighter wheel/tire combo causing this? About to just switch back to the bigger tires, but would rather keep the smaller ones for rain/snow performance.

I have a 2014 two door with a 2" suspension lift that includes 2" pucks at the top of the springs and upgraded shocks all around. It came with the lift with 33"x12.5" tires when I bought it, and I installed 265/70R18 on stock Sahar wheels for an everyday setup, and ever since the swap I've experienced the good ol' death wobble when hitting bumps at about 45mph. This doesn't happen with every bump, and I've had it looked at by two shops and both have said nothing looks broken/worn out/loose. Could it be the lighter wheel/tire combo causing this? About to just switch back to the bigger tires, but would rather keep the smaller ones for rain/snow performance.

Do you have adjustable control arms on the front and adjustable track bars front and rear? With a 4" lift it needs those things, has it ever been aligned? Bigger tires will cause DW sooner then smaller dia. tires.

Reactions: BigAL07
Do you have adjustable control arms on the front and adjustable track bars front and rear? With a 4" lift it needs those things, has it ever been aligned? Bigger tires will cause DW sooner then smaller dia. tires.
Nope, only suspension upgrades is the lift @ 2 inches. The tires on it now are roughly 32" on diameter, and the ones I took off are 33". The taller ones are much wider and heavier over all, as they're roughly 315mm wide and the ones I put on are 265mm.

Have the tires been checked and are they balanced? Could also try rotating the tires and see if the issue still exist.

I drive a 2010 Rubicon JK On 35’s with 4 inch log arm Sky Jackers. I’m in the same boat. I have a mystery wobble between 35-40 mph. Put on a new double steering stabilizer since my old one was broken from wear and tear. Tires/wheels, axels all in great shape. Pretty new bushings and really good about keeping up with keeping things greased. Mechanic can’t figure out what the heck is going on . Any advice is appreciated!