Dealer Misrepresented Trim

tnjeepgirl

Hi. Disclaimer: I've owned a few Jeeps but am a newb and I realize that I'm also at fault here. Trust me I feel dumb.

Ok so in 2021 I bought a used 2018 Jeep Jk from a dealership. The sticker said 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited Sahara. The purchase agreement and service contract also say the same.

Well today I was trying to figure out what its worth now and started looking at 2018 Saharas for sale and none looked quite like mine. And I realized that I have a 2018 Wrangler JK Unlimited ALTITUDE SPORT. Which I think is an inferior trim to a Sahara?

So my question is,, did I get ripped off? Am I ok here with JK Altitude used value vs Sahara? Or should I freak out on the dealership and try to get reimbursed?

KBB trade in value for the two is around the same.

You can use this to see what you have, just enter your VIN number.

Equipment Listing
Ok so I just entered my VIN and it says Sahara. But I'm certain it's an Altitude. The front bumper, hood, fenders, wheels etc all look like Altitudes when I search online. It does not look like 2018 Saharas. I'm so confused. I attached a screenshot of exactly what my Jeep looks like.
You can use this to see what you have, just enter your VIN number.

Equipment Listing

Screenshot_20230119-121156_Chrome.jpg

My wife has the saharah altitude, and I have just the saharah. I can tell you big differences. Just a couple though, and it all depends on how your dealer ordered the jeep originally. The altitude usually comes with the leather seats, seat warmers, and hers came with the nicer 18”black wheels for the year. It also came with the fiberglass hood that has bump in the middle. That is usually the extent of the altitude, altitude usually gets color matched top as well.

Yup you are right! It's a limited edition sahara basically. And cost around 3k more then a sahara at the time. Thanks for your help. Now I'm kind of stoked that I've got a limited addition, even if it's a pretty subdued and not super special limited edition.

My wife has the saharah altitude, and I have just the saharah. I can tell you big differences. Just a couple though, and it all depends on how your dealer ordered the jeep originally. The altitude usually comes with the leather seats, seat warmers, and hers came with the nicer 18”black wheels for the year. It also came with the fiberglass hood that has bump in the middle. That is usually the extent of the altitude, altitude usually gets color matched top as well.
Thanks. Yup I finally realized the 2018 Altitude is basically a limited edition Sahara. Mine has all the details you mentioned your wife's has.

20230119_143355.jpg

Reactions: BigAL07