Dealer Misrepresented Trim

Yes, I would say your Jeep is definitely a Sahara model. I have never seen a Sport model come with painted fender flares. Jeep has offered several different limited edition packages over the years. However, I believe they all fall within the main base packages of Sport, Sahara, or Rubicon. Yours is a Sahara - Altitude. I own a Rubicon - Hard Rock, and a Sport - Freedom Edition "Oscar Mike". There are several others.

Reactions: mrjp and tnjeepgirl
Some people remove the
Thanks. I guess I shouldn't worry about it. I've attached a pic with a 2018 altitude on top that is my exact jeep. And a 2018 Sahara on the bottom. Cosmetic differences and the Sahara has Sahara stickers on the side, which mine doesn't.

View attachment 123576
Some people remove the decals. My Rubicon has nothing the Trail Rated badge and Jeep on the front. I can't be certain about this without a closer look at the lower Jeep, but . . . I do believe that the upper Jeep is a 2018 JKU, while the lower is the 2018 JLU body. Both body types were sold during 2018. Also, you might want to look here:
The Altitude is slightly more spendy than the vanilla Sahara edition.

As has been stated, the comparison pictures you posted are from the model refresh year 2018. This is the last production year of the JK like you have and the second half of the year was the first production year of the new JL model.

Yes, you have a fancy Sahara model. That hood for example is was not on standard Sahara's I believe. As well as the blacked out trim. That center black on your front bumper is silver on a standard Sahara. Wheels are as well. You can see silver accents even on the new JL one.