Dead 2007 JK

hhsadlup

After almost a year of not enjoying my 2007 JK Wrangler X ,6cyl, auto. A/C it's a given serious problems exist. Started with gauges and steering column controls were dead and A/C didn't work. Then sent off the TIPM for repair and everything worked except had warning lights on- stability control, traction control, air bag, and A/C didn't work. drove a couple times then Jeep was dead where I parked it. Dead battery...trickle charged Red Tops per instruction. Started but only had 2nd gear. Battery drain in 1 day and then went completely weird... no power when key is on unless you step on the brake then dash lights up but nothing...no start-dead. Sent TIPM off again and it had 3 definite issues that were corrected but I'm unwilling to install now until I find the culprit. Wiring short??? Ignition short?? It all started with the column so??? I'm willing to install a column wire harness and under hood harness but have not found one exactly like mine. Dealer says not available. Any suggestions. Even considering pulling the motor and doing a swap but HAVE to stay budget minded. With that suggestions on how to get dash gauges, A/C and trans to work doing a swap? HELP!

Have you had your battery tested? Have you checked your clamps and cables to be sure they are clean and tight?

How about cleaning the other misc grounds?

Yeah, this kinda sounds like it could be a ground issue. The gremlins really come out for ground issues with wranglers. I agree with @BLACKJKU 's suggestion. have the battery checked as well as the alternator. To me it sounds like the computer isn't getting enough juice.

Reactions: BLACKJKU
After almost a year of not enjoying my 2007 JK Wrangler X ,6cyl, auto. A/C it's a given serious problems exist. Started with gauges and steering column controls were dead and A/C didn't work. Then sent off the TIPM for repair and everything worked except had warning lights on- stability control, traction control, air bag, and A/C didn't work. drove a couple times then Jeep was dead where I parked it. Dead battery...trickle charged Red Tops per instruction. Started but only had 2nd gear. Battery drain in 1 day and then went completely weird... no power when key is on unless you step on the brake then dash lights up but nothing...no start-dead. Sent TIPM off again and it had 3 definite issues that were corrected but I'm unwilling to install now until I find the culprit. Wiring short??? Ignition short?? It all started with the column so??? I'm willing to install a column wire harness and under hood harness but have not found one exactly like mine. Dealer says not available. Any suggestions. Even considering pulling the motor and doing a swap but HAVE to stay budget minded. With that suggestions on how to get dash gauges, A/C and trans to work doing a swap? HELP!
There are a couple of grounds that are located on the wall just to the left of the brake pedal can't say this is the problem but mine were loose one time and everything on my jeep went haywire

Reactions: mrjp and BLACKJKU
Forgot to attach one of the ground wires on 1997 TJ I had and the amount of bazaar things worked when I didn't want them to and many things did not work at all. Electricity in a Jeep does very strange things when it's searching for a ground.

‘No power until I press the brake pedal’ is for sure a symptom of a ground issue. Even if a ground ‘looks fine’, remove, clean with sand paper, reinstall. Bet you fix your ride without spending any more $$