Cylinder 1&4 Misfire

Charles

Hey Everybody,

I wanted some more experienced eyes on my problem before I went out and bought a new ECM. I'm very new to troubleshooting cars, but wanted to dive in with my Jeep, instead of dropping it off and letting someone else solve the black magic happening under the hood.
-As a side note, I'm glad I did, its awesome to learn about it, and makes me more confident with *hopefully* easier problems in the future-

So to catch you pros up to speed, I'm currently working with a Jeep Wrangler JK 3.8L V6 and she's seen a lot. Got around 180k miles on it, had its fair share of problems with wiring and whatnot but seemed to be at a good place before this current issue. Took it into the shop a few weeks back to have the suspension checked as it had a death wobble issue. About a week after that, *while driving it to see if I could dial in when the death wobble was happening*, it started misfiring. So I parked it and have been learning/testing for the last 2 weeks.

I think I've narrowed it down to the ECM because:
- I have swapped the coil pack (wasted spark), the spark plugs, and even spark plug wires.
- My issue is always in cylinder 1&4, which conveniently share a coil
- I've tested to make sure coils are generating spark, 1&4 are not generating spark at coil pack but others are fine
- Checked the coil pack connector and didn't see any obvious corrosion or damage
- Checked wire resistance from ECM housing to Coil Pack Housing and its coming out at 0.00 ohms
*hits 0 after 2-3 seconds, it does start at 0.03 ohms or so if that makes a difference*
- Checked the ECM housing and it looks corrosion/damage free
-I even made sure the ASD relay is working properly as that ties into the coil pack through the ECM but I don't imagine that would cause an issue on 1 coil and not the whole pack.

So what does the almighty gearhead council think? Are there any fuses or connections I'm missing? Am I overlooking some other obvious and common issue, or am I destined to buy a new ECM?

I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this, I tried to make it more entertaining than just blah blah plz help.
I've attached some diagrams I used along the way, if someone else comes across a similar issue. I can say it is a absolute chore to hunt down all the information!

Screenshot 2023-05-06 124313.png

Screenshot 2023-05-06 124419.png

Screenshot 2023-05-06 124443.png