Cruise control not working on 2013 JK

Theduck61

Cruise control works if I disconnect the battery and hook it back up it'll come on once and then that's it it won't come back on there's no codes for cruise control there's no codes in at all anybody else have this issue or any help thank you

Anything wheel speed sensor related will knock disable the cruise control. So it could be wheel speed sensors (though they usually throw a code), clock spring, etc.

I am assuming your steering wheel is pointed straight like it should be and the Jeep is tracking fine? I had the same issue with the lights and the cruise not working but I had hit a hidden bump and knocked my steering off center. An adjustment of the drag link sleeve fixed mine.

27514.jpeg
ok so this is the codes I found off of a diagnostic screen mind you there are no codes stored

Reactions: franka548
I found on another Forum where someone had the same code and they replaced the switches on the steering wheel for the cruise.

I was just reading about this yesterday. I have the same problem with my cruise control not working. They suggesting hitting the steering wheel at 10 and 2 while driving. Suddenly my cruise starting working again. same thing, No codes, everything else worked, It's your clock spring I read. I have one ordered. We'll see, they get broken wires inside them and don't always make contact. Hope this helps, I'll give updates when I get mine installed.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
I was just reading about this yesterday. I have the same problem with my cruise control not working. They suggesting hitting the steering wheel at 10 and 2 while driving. Suddenly my cruise starting working again. same thing, No codes, everything else worked, It's your clock spring I read. I have one ordered. We'll see, they get broken wires inside them and don't always make contact. Hope this helps, I'll give updates when I get mine installed.

Is your steering wheel centered perfectly? I've heard if it isn't that will cause issues.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
I drove my jeep every year to the Florida Keys for 6 months. The first day the cruise will work then the malfunction light comes on and the cruise stops working. After we stop for overnight the cruise will work for 2 hours then kicks back out. I have had this to (2) different dealerships and nobody can figure out whey this is doing this. No codes can be found. I need help to get this fixed. Thank you.

I went ahead and changed out the cruise control switch. It was 89.14 total mopar part from dealership. The cruise control comes on now but is still intermittent. At first it did not work, until I cleared the codes. The two codes P0579 and P0591 show up as stored codes now, not as active as prior to replacing the SC switch. I now get a pending code of P0585. It seems I am back to the same intermittent problem. I Wonder if disconnecting the battery and being able to clear the previous codes was what really helped in getting the cruise to work again intermittently.