Common lift and wheel sizes?

Spot

Hey, I'm new to the forum. I hate to even ask because I know it's been asked 1,000 times but can someone point me to a thread showing wheel size and various lifts please. thx

There's probably so many threads about this it's not even funny, but I'll sum it up for you.

Basically a 33" tire pairs best with a 2-2.5" lift.

A 35" tire pairs best with a 3.5-4.5" lift.

Finally, a 37" tire pairs best with a lift larger than 5".

Anything beyond a 37" tire you're going to start running into a host of other problems. One being that the stock fenders won't work anymore, you'll want some wider axles, etc., etc.

I have however lifted the most common sizes above.

You'll see a lot of people do things differently. For instance, a lot of people will run a 35" tire with a 2.5" lift. You CAN do that, and they will fit. However, you'll lose up-travel with that setup, and the 35s will indeed be better suited for 3.5" of lift and above.

Thanks for the response. i'm going with 2.5/33 and I want springs not spacers - can you recommend a good 2.5? It's a 2018 4-door, installing mechanic says shocks are new so no point in replacing them. Mostly a street queen, will only see forestry and logging roads a few times a year. Any help with this is appreciated.

This lift includes shocks, which you will need if lifting unless you use relocation brackets for your current shocks.
ok, one more question: with a two inch lift will I need longer brake lines or are they long enough to handle the limit of flex this kit provides?

ok, one more question: with a two inch lift will I need longer brake lines or are they long enough to handle the limit of flex this kit provides?
It’s my understanding that this kit is all you need. However, some add longer front lower adjustable control arms or geometry correction brackets. As well as front and rear track bars.

I plan on running this lift on my 2018 2 door Willys. I will add front and rear Rancho geometry correction brackets and Clayton Off-road front and rear adjustable track bars and use the factory bump stops. It’s been recommended if going to a larger tire size than 33” tall, to install the bump stops that the Rancho lift kit includes.

If you buy the Rancho one, it's cheaper here on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XYSK5F6/?tag=jkforum-20

I hate Quadratec, so I do anything I can to avoid them.

Also, that Rancho lift I linked to has the RS5000X shocks, which I personally recommend. The 9000 shocks in the other version aren't bad by any means, but just unnecessary.

Another good 2.5" lift is the AEV DualSport lift.

You will NOT need longer brake lines with that kit.

If you buy the Rancho one, it's cheaper here on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XYSK5F6/?tag=jkforum-20

I hate Quadratec, so I do anything I can to avoid them.

Also, that Rancho lift I linked to has the RS5000X shocks, which I personally recommend. The 9000 shocks in the other version aren't bad by any means, but just unnecessary.

Another good 2.5" lift is the AEV DualSport lift.

You will NOT need longer brake lines with that kit.
Chris, I kindly disagree with your assessment of the Rancho 9000 shocks. For the slight price increase, they are worth it from all the research I have done. Being able to tune your ride quality from soft like an old Lincoln Town car to a firm ride is a great option. The 5000’s are nice, but those who have experienced both would not pass on the 9000’s.

Chris, I kindly disagree with your assessment of the Rancho 9000 shocks. For the slight price increase, they are worth it from all the research I have done. Being able to tune your ride quality from soft like an old Lincoln Town car to a firm ride is a great option. The 5000’s are nice, but those who have experienced both would not pass on the 9000’s.

Yes, I've owned both the Rancho RS5000X and the 9000 models. I like them both, but I found the adjustment on the 9000 models to be pointless for my needs. I played around with all the settings for about a month, but finally just found the right setting, left them there, and never messed with them again. The Ranco RS5000X needs to adjustment at all, right out of the box it rides excellent.

So having had experience with both, I would pass on the 9000s myself (y)

But for those who constantly like to tweak their shock settings, then by all means, go for it.

Yes, I've owned both the Rancho RS5000X and the 9000 models. I like them both, but I found the adjustment on the 9000 models to be pointless for my needs. I played around with all the settings for about a month, but finally just found the right setting, left them there, and never messed with them again.

So having had experience with both, I would pass on the 9000s myself (y)

But for those who constantly like to tweak their shock settings, then by all means, go for it.

The RS5000X is am amazing shock in terms of ride quality, right out of the box.

" I played around with all the settings for about a month, but finally just found the right setting, left them there, and never messed with them again." This is not possible with the 5000's.

I am sure the 5000's are great, but the price difference is not that astronomical not to get the 9000's. To each their own, you cannot go wrong with either.

Reactions: Chris