Code P2122 (Primary) cannot seem to find the issue

Farmernh925

New to this forum so I apologize if this topic has been discussed in another thread. I have a 2012 JK Sport that I have been doing modifications to for years now. The other day as I was driving, I took a turn and when I let the clutch out and pressed the accelerator, the Jeep just bogged down and the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. Luckily I was very close to home and nursed it back to my driveway. Since then I have pulled 13 Codes (many repeats) with P2122 being the Primary. I went ahead and replaced the Accelerator Pedal Sensor since my code reader suggested that may be the issue. That did nothing! So I did some research and found that it could be the TPS Sensor, which for mine means I had to get the entire Throttle Body. Replaced that and nothing is better. I pulled every fuse and examined them, nothing looks blown. I am hoping someone on here may be able to point me to something else to check/replace before I give up and take It to a shop (I really would rather fix myself). Below are all the codes that are current, it had 0 codes that I am aware of before this issue.

P2122 - Primary
P0520
P0335
P0642
P2135

Any and all suggestions welcomed. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0941.HEIC
    2.9 MB · Views: 58
Reactions: Dirty Dog
Your video might be useful, but you're going to find that many people (including me) because downloading things from unknown people is sort of a major security issue... Your best best is to put it on something like YouTube and embed it so people can watch it without downloading.

You've replaced two of the four components commonly associated with your error. A bit of Google-Fu says the other probably causes are the throttle actuator control motor and the throttle position actuator.

You said you've been modifying this Jeep. Had you made any changes immediately prior to the problem?

Reactions: BLACKJKU
Did you replace anything electrical recently before the day it bogged down?
A couple weeks ago I replaced the Water Pump which of course means that I removed the Alternator in the process. I have tested the battery and alternator and I am getting 12.4 off the battery and 14.3 off the Alternator. No other repairs or mods recently.

Your video might be useful, but you're going to find that many people (including me) because downloading things from unknown people is sort of a major security issue... Your best best is to put it on something like YouTube and embed it so people can watch it without downloading.

You've replaced two of the four components commonly associated with your error. A bit of Google-Fu says the other probably causes are the throttle actuator control motor and the throttle position actuator.

You said you've been modifying this Jeep. Had you made any changes immediately prior to the problem?
Changed out the Water Pump which means I removed the alternator, however good readings on my multiMeter from both the battery and the alternator

A couple weeks ago I replaced the Water Pump which of course means that I removed the Alternator in the process. I have tested the battery and alternator and I am getting 12.4 off the battery and 14.3 off the Alternator. No other repairs or mods recently.

But like Danarch said dirty battery connections, cables and dirty grounds can cause alot of electrical problems. Try cleaning them and see if that helps. Also there is a throttle body reset you might try.

Yeah, I got that same Google Info however I was hoping someone else had experienced this and found the issue because so far I am out $500 in parts that ultimately were not the issue. LOL