Clutch issue

Jku2012

Just finished replacing the throw out bearing, clutch, and pressure plate and the clutch pedal goes to the floor. Replaced the slave cylinder, bled it, no help. New master cylinder ordered and on the way. Does it have to be bench bled? Any thoughts on what else may have happened?

Did you pump bleed the slave before you put it in? Your throwout bearing could be installed backwards. Also, if the yoke has not engaged the pivot it will behave this way.

My friend did his clutch on his JK a couple of weeks ago, it was a PITA he said getting the yoke to stay on. The retaining clip needed re-tensioning.

Did you pump bleed the slave before you put it in? Your throwout bearing could be installed backwards. Also, if the yoke has not engaged the pivot it will behave this way.

My friend did his clutch on his JK a couple of weeks ago, it was a PITA he said getting the yoke to stay on. The retaining clip needed re-tensioning.
The throw out bearing was on the correct side of the fork. The fork doesn’t move up and down on the slave side so I think it’s still on the ball pivot (ordered an inspection camera so I can look tomorrow). Do you know if the master cylinder needs to be pre bled?
Thanks for your help.

Used an inspection camera to look inside the bell housing. The fork is on the pivot and the throw out bearing is against the pressure plate.

Used an inspection camera to look inside the bell housing. The fork is on the pivot and the throw out bearing is against the pressure plate.

Is that the way it's supposed to be? Mine is an auto, so excuse the ignorance. It's been over a decade since I did a clutch job.