Chasing the tail

Mit12

Hey guys
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara limited 2.5 lift 33” tires. I think my darty feeling is coming from the rear. I took it on a long highway drive and it feels like I am chasing the rear? Ideas on what to check?

Can you expand on what you mean by “dirty”? Vibration, from side to side, bouncy etc? Did it just start? Is it at any specific speed or get worse with increase in speed?

I would start with testing whether there is any play in the wheels side to side and top to bottom. Jack your ride up in back until the tire(s) are just clear of the ground. Try wriggling them horizontally and vertically by pulling one side and pushing the other to see if there is any play. If there is, you may have a bearing problem. Other things to check are how firmly the rear control arms hold the axle in place. If there is play in the bushings that is another thing to look at. Good luck.

Reactions: BigAL07
It feels like the back end of the Jeep moves from side to side when the road has grooves or sharp bumps. The faster you drive the worse it gets.