Catalytic convertor recommendations

TOMs09JK

Looking to replace exhaust from manifold back. All the direct fit catalytic converter sets I see appear to come together at and run down the drivers side. I have an 09 JKU and my exhaust runs down the passenger side. Can anyone recommend a kit or source to buy the one I need.

Interesting, my 09 JKU runs down the drivers side. You would think they would all be the same. I got my new cats on eBay for about $230. The quality seems very good and my Jeep runs great. Also haven’t thrown an O2 sensor code since I have had them.

if it’s the same layout just in reverse, I would recommend finding a 2 piece unit. Easier to install

Interesting, my 09 JKU runs down the drivers side. You would think they would all be the same. I got my new cats on eBay for about $230. The quality seems very good and my Jeep runs great. Also haven’t thrown an O2 sensor code since I have had them.

if it’s the same layout just in reverse, I would recommend finding a 2 piece unit. Easier to install
The cats you got off ebay, are they standard or highflow/performace cats?

The cats you got off ebay, are they standard or highflow/performace cats?

They should state in there add if they are OEM or high flow, I have high flow on my JK just had to put O2 sensor foolers on.

Reactions: mrjp
Yeah righto, seems to be a common issue with doing a full exhaust. Seen better power or fuel efficiency?
They should state in there add if they are OEM or high flow, I have high flow on my JK just had to put O2 sensor foolers o

Yeah righto, seems to be a common issue with doing a full exhaust. Seen better power or fuel efficiency?

Don't really know the exhaust I had to replace when I bought it someone tried to do a dual exhaust and had exhaust leaks all over.

They should state in there add if they are OEM or high flow, I have high flow on my JK just had to put O2 sensor foolers on.
What is a 02 sensor fooler.
The reason for my Curiosity is I'm thinking about getting reed of my cat. converters If I can do that??
They need to be replaced and I live in a area that I do not need to smog it. Just now starting to look into it. Any Input would be Appreciated.

Here is a couple of Pics.
1701540216553.png
1701539921008.png

TY for your reply it gives me a starting place. I do need a little more info about the ECU i have had some problem with when upgraded my radiator and bypassed the stock relays went with a single relay with on and off switch manually.

Thank You Again & To You And Your Happy Holidays Best New Years
PS shoot me some pics of your ride love to see them Happy Jeeping

TY for your reply it gives me a starting place. I do need a little more info about the ECU i have had some problem with when upgraded my radiator and bypassed the stock relays went with a single relay with on and off switch manually.

Thank You Again & To You And Your Happy Holidays Best New Years
PS shoot me some pics of your ride love to see them Happy Jeeping
Didn’t realize was there was an area in CA that didn’t require a cat?