CataClean

Danarch

JK Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
So my son has a 2007 JKU, 3.8L, I think around 60,000 miles. A little over a year ago CEL came on. Based on the codes I told him it might be a O2 sensor and we could look at it. He endedup taking it down to a mechanic we use, they got the light off but said the cat’s are bad and needed to be replaced soon. A little while later CEL comes on, he checks its comes up with the same code (I don’t remember the number, and he cleared them). We looked at prices parts were around $3,500K (CA special cat’s). Fast forward a year tags are due he hasn’t fixed it yet nor has saved the money. A friend tells him about CataClean so he tries it. Drives it around a few days CEL stays on, but he pulls the code, no CAT codes just P0128 code this time. He cleared it and waited a few days went down to SMOG station everything passed but the coolant code as the system read it had been cleared recently. Subsequent the CEL has come back on but only for the engine coolant.

Anyways question is anyone use CataClean or ever hear of it? I never had but seems like it did the trick for him but not sure how long it will last. He has a OEM t-stat on order to fix that problem.