Can I safely tow this with my 2008 2-door Sahara?

I've never seen a oil cooler for the 3.8's but that's not saying you couldn't make on for it. But if your just making short quick climbs on hills and it returns back down quick I think your OK.

Mishimoto makes one, but it's a bit pricey. I think I'll put some Lucas stabilizer and leave it for now, like Largehit does. I'm with you... as long as it returns down it's pretty normal. I'll just watch it. Depending on where we camp, there's a canyon here that's a few miles long.

Mishimoto makes one, but it's a bit pricey. I think I'll put some Lucas stabilizer and leave it for now, like Largehit does. I'm with you... as long as it returns down it's pretty normal. I'll just watch it. Depending on where we camp, there's a canyon here that's a few miles long.

If there's no one behind you then just slow down until you get to the top of the hill. I've never towed anything yet with my JK to see how my oil temp does compared to the water temp. Just normal driving it usually stays a few degrees cooler then the water.

Reactions: 72c10
If there's no one behind you then just slow down until you get to the top of the hill. I've never towed anything yet with my JK to see how my oil temp does compared to the water temp. Just normal driving it usually stays a few degrees cooler then the water.
Just came back from another camping trip with the 1500lb pop up. Same canyon as the last trip with A/C on blast. I kept the revs at about 32-3500 RPM,, Pedal Commander on Sport +2, either 4th or 5th gear, depending on the driver in front of me. The temp spikes were minimal this time and returned to norm quickly. Still learning the happy spot with this 3.8 , and it’s been going strong and still pleased.

Just came back from another camping trip with the 1500lb pop up. Same canyon as the last trip with A/C on blast. I kept the revs at about 32-3500 RPM,, Pedal Commander on Sport +2, either 4th or 5th gear, depending on the driver in front of me. The temp spikes were minimal this time and returned to norm quickly. Still learning the happy spot with this 3.8 , and it’s been going strong and still pleased.
Glad to see it’s working out for you. Another reason I’m glad I went 7 pin is it charges the battery on the pup while I drive. That way I can set the 3 way fridge to 12v and have it stay cold while driving to camp.

Reactions: mrjp