Can I go to bigger tires?

jeep_momma13

I am wanting to go bigger on my tires right now I have nitto grappler and they are just a little bigger than stock I have a 3 inch lift and I have fender deletes and wanting a tire that will clear and drive fine on road and off road and hopefully not have to re hear my jeep

IMG_5620.png

IMG_5559.jpeg

Reactions: JeepJeezy
The front gear ratio is the same as the rear, with the 3.21 gears you'll probably have to regear. Is your Jeep a auto or manual trans?

Is this just a DD or will it be offroading?
Auto and I want to eventually take it off-roading I just want to do upgrades to make sure it does well in off road i if I just did 26-30 inch tires would I still need to re gear

Auto and I want to eventually take it off-roading I just want to do upgrades to make sure it does well in off road i if I just did 26-30 inch tires would I still need to re gear

What size are your tires you have now? The Factory size tires are a 32" tall tire.

35's would look sweet on your Jeep. 3.21's isn't so sweet. As @BLACKJKU said , you're looking to regear. Can you have 35's and 3.21 gears...absolutely. The downfall would be loss of power, constant shifting in and out of O.D. and heat stress from the constant shifting. The 12.5 is the width of the tire and the 18 is the size of your rims.

35's would look sweet on your Jeep. 3.21's isn't so sweet. As @BLACKJKU said , you're looking to regear. Can you have 35's and 3.21 gears...absolutely. The downfall would be loss of power, constant shifting in and out of O.D. and heat stress from the constant shifting. The 12.5 is the width of the tire and the 18 is the size of your rims.
Thank you

The 12-18.5 is that the rim
35x12.5/18 means a tire that is nominally 35 inches in diameter (actual diameter varies by manufacturer and also by wheel dimensions), 12.5 inches wide (again, varies) and is mounted on a wheel (not rim) that is 18 inches in diameter.
With 35's on a 3 inch lift, you will have some rubbing if you flex it fairly hard. How much will depend on how much you flex. For street driving, you will probably not have any rubbing.
On a JK, you'll want 4.25 inches of backspacing on those wheels.
And as others have mentioned, the 3.21:1 gears with 35's is not going to be fun. You'll want to regear and since you're in there, add lockers as well.

Will they clear with my 3 inch lift