Brakes dragging? Hill start assist?

jmdwifi

Supporting Member
It seems like the barkes are still engaged slightly sometimes. Hill start is off and most times it doesn't coast backwards on an incline. I have an extended warranty but don't know if they cover calipers. I don't want to replace the brake stuff if the hill start assist is malfunctioning. And, that would be covered. Thoughts? I hope that made sense.

It seems like the barkes are still engaged slightly sometimes. Hill start is off and most times it doesn't coast backwards on an incline. I have an extended warranty but don't know if they cover calipers. I don't want to replace the brake stuff if the hill start assist is malfunctioning. And, that would be covered. Thoughts? I hope that made sense.
Maybe emergency brake needs adjustment ?
Possibly seized cali[per piston?
You mentioned hill assist is off.
Maybe button malfunctioned and its still on?
On the front end of system master cylinder ?
Do you have a brake warning ;ight on?
Cause it is the brakes. Personally would deal with
yesterday , Its something you dont want leave especially
if daily driver. As dont think anything can be as scary as
driving down the HWY and go to touch brakes or slow down
and nothing'. Gives me the heebeejeebee's just thinking of that
scenerio.

If u have a caliper sticking your gonna definitely have a hot wheel after u take a trip. Give ‘em a quick touch. You will find it if that’s the problem 🍺🍺

Reactions: Speartip
Well, I put on new rotors. calipers, and steel brake lines. Looks like the left front one was sticking. Now having a bitch of a time getting air out. I took it to a shop thinking it may be my youth and inexperience, they are having a tough time of it as well. I'll keep y'all updated.

Reactions: BigAL07
It\s weird but they said the left and right front calipers needed to be swapped. The bleeders were in the wrong position. I put them on in the exact position the old ones were. It's all good now and I am driving it again.

Reactions: BigAL07