Body plus suspension lift

gecko123

Have a 2012 jk has a 2.5 body lift want to install a 2in suspension lift is there any thing ill need besides shocks and springs to make this happen ?

You might need adjustable track bars so the axles are centered under the Jeep.
with a 2" lift this is unlikely. My 2.5 came with a trackbar relocation bracket and while the wheels aren't perfectly centered, you would need a tape measure to tell. They are off by less than 1/2"

A 2" lift is considered small and requires very few extra bits. 3 - 3.5" is when suspension geometry / pinion angle start to become a concern and the price of the lift begins to skyrocket.

Reactions: mrjp and Danarch
I think you may be fine. I am not sure what all is affected by a body lift, but essentially when you do a suspension lift everything else is basically raised, except the axles. I think you would need to check for brake lines, breather / vent hoses (from differentials), wheel speed sensor wiring, things like that may need to be adjusted as some of them might actually end up being 4.5”-5” of difference from stock (2” + 2.5”). I am not sure what a body lift does to the steering assembly in conjunction with the body lift and suspension lift.

Reactions: MacGuyver and mrjp
I think you may be fine. I am not sure what all is affected by a body lift, but essentially when you do a suspension lift everything else is basically raised, except the axles. I think you would need to check for brake lines, breather / vent hoses (from differentials), wheel speed sensor wiring, things like that may need to be adjusted as some of them might actually end up being 4.5”-5” of difference from stock (2” + 2.5”). I am not sure what a body lift does to the steering assembly in conjunction with the body lift and suspension lift.
A body lift does just that. It lifts the body. It changes nothing in the steering or suspension and can be ignored when considering suspension lifts. A body lift adds clearance for larger tires, but has no impact on articulation or geometry.

At most, you might need to relocate any brackets that are attached to the body, but things like brakes lines and such are generally attached to the frame, not the body. Maybe extend a few hoses (like the radiator), but that's all.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrjp
I still recommend to look at a few of the items mentioned above. For instance I think the rear wheel speed sensors go from the brakes, to the axle then up to the body. I am pretty sure the rear differential breather tube is routed from the differential up and then attached body. The parking brake cable attaches to the underside of the body. So anything that goes from the wheels / axle etc. and attaches to the body could end up with a 4-4.5” “lift” depending on how much you can from the suspension lift and routing of these items. Probably fine overall but I would look at them once everything is installed / during the installation.