Bluetooth pairing trouble

theRealCrazy

Hi all!
I got a 2012 JKUR with I think is the 430N, when I try to pair any phones using the horrible uConnect vocal commands, the system fails everytime after setting up my pin.

I can see the previous owner set up 2 phones successfully though..
Any idea what I can do?
.... beside upgrading to an Alpine

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Can you set it up without a PIN? When I set mine up, I just used the default PIN if I remember correctly, which was something like 1111 I believe?

OP
theRealCrazy

theRealCrazy

Can you set it up without a PIN? When I set mine up, I just used the default PIN if I remember correctly, which was something like 1111 I believe?
Nope it asks for a pin to set up, which I think is the same pin you need to type on the phone to pair, but says "pairing failed" as soon as I give my pin... uuuugghhh...
I wonder if I should unplug the battery to force reset the radio...

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Nope it asks for a pin to set up, which I think is the same pin you need to type on the phone to pair, but says "pairing failed" as soon as I give my pin... uuuugghhh...
I wonder if I should unplug the battery to force reset the radio...
Yep, try resetting the battery, that's where I would start next. Mine asked for a PIN of course, but never gave me any issue after that. Though the UConnect commands and functionality are poor at best.

OP
theRealCrazy

theRealCrazy

Well, I unplugged the whole radio to add a back up camera, thought that would do a reset but it didnt, probably has a battery... I need to find a way to force reset it, bluetooth is still a no go, and I love the look of this unit, would love to keep it....

Hard to find a way to do a reset, so if anyone as any idea, it'll be much appreciated!

If by the end of the month I have no luck, I'll buy a new unit... seems like pioneer and kenwood are good choices...

Reactions: Chris

KOJYURO

Hi all!
I got a 2012 JKUR with I think is the 430N, when I try to pair any phones using the horrible uConnect vocal commands, the system fails everytime after setting up my pin.

I can see the previous owner set up 2 phones successfully though..
Any idea what I can do?
.... beside upgrading to an Alpine
Hi @theRealCrazy,
Have you tried pairing to use another phone? I am not sure which one is having problem.

I found quick procedure on the Jeep web site.