Birds nesting on my Jeep

Thanks for the correction- It’s been a few years since my Ham radio days. I covered the vent with an electric lid blanket and she weaseled in between the windshield and blanket. The owl is working, she hasn’t been back.

I have a (faded) air scoop over my vent. Have no idea what made me purchase it 10yrs ago. Come winter it just plugs up with snow. All Good

Reactions: Anybodyhome
I have a (faded) air scoop over my vent. Have no idea what made me purchase it 10yrs ago. Come winter it just plugs up with snow. All Good
I had one of those on my old YJ. The kinda gray, kinda black plexiglas thing that looked like a cheap hood scoop that stuck to the cowl with 2-sided tape. Me, too. Got it when I lived in the Asheville area and it got clogged with snow.

Has anyone had any problems with Dove's making a nest on your Jeep? I work nights, so during the day they build a nest on my hood. It is my daily driver, so it gets driven. Just trying to figure out how to keep the birds away. I sweep off the debris and the next day they are back at it.
Buy some bacon and wild rice. Wait until the dove show up, pot them and then have a taste treat: baked dove wrapped in bacon and stuffed with wild rice and oregano.

Has anyone had any problems with Dove's making a nest on your Jeep? I work nights, so during the day they build a nest on my hood. It is my daily driver, so it gets driven. Just trying to figure out how to keep the birds away. I sweep off the debris and the next day they are back at it.

That’s the craziest thing. Must have liked the warmth coming out of vent.
Glad the fake owl solved the issue . Probably won’t be back
If you mount the owl some where really close to Jeep it’ll probably prevent it from happening again
I lived in Edmonton for 30 years . Grew up on Vancouver Island and am back here now :)

I prefer Cornish hen with my bacon and wild rice. And I will never eat Blue Jays again, to much work for the amount of meat they yield.
When I was a teenager we used to go out dove hunting, and also quail. There's definitely not much meat, but the real point is the bacon and wild rice.

How does the owl work and not the stuffed animals on the dash? I'd much rather square off with an owl over a horse and llama... or whatever those are.
The owl is more realistic, and owls eat doves. It would be like you smearing yourself with sauce and taking a nap on the paws of a hungry lion.

• Haha
Reactions: Speartip and mrjp
The owl is more realistic, and owls eat doves. It would be like you smearing yourself with sauce and taking a nap on the paws of a hungry lion.
I guess the doves and the Llama's on the dash are the same size- maybe wanted to be friends. The owl worked, no more doves. I have a travelling Llama named Geoffrey Dean Morgan and my friends thought he was lonely, so that is why the collection on the dash. People collect ducks, I have Llama's.