Big Brake Upgrade Question

FLCoastJK

Being an mechanical engineer, I might be over-thinking this but...

I installed the Crown big brake with dual pistons and am pretty sure I got all the air out and also bled the whole system. The pedal feels like it goes further down to stop than previous stock setup did. I did not change out the booster. Is it due to a higher volume of fluid needed to push the pistons (more area)? Do I need to get a bigger booster? Am I just imagining things?

Thoughts appreciated.

There is a thread on here about the big brake kits. A lot of people have upgraded the booster and master cylinder when they go to a dual-piston caliper. The j8 kit has a huge booster and a master cylinder with a slightly larger bore then what comes stock an 2012 plus JK's.

I have the kit, but I have yet to install it. My brake pedal feel is only slightly soft not sure what the differences would be why some have it spongy and others a bit more firm. The new booster will definitely make a difference.

Reactions: zoomer52
Yeah we talked about this in the other thread. At least I thought we did. With the Dual Pistons it's going to soften up the pedal somewhat.

Remember, just empty every pocket.

Yeah we talked about this in the other thread. At least I thought we did. With the Dual Pistons it's going to soften up the pedal somewhat.

Remember, just empty every pocket.
You had mentioned that before, just was wanting to get anyone else's thoughts too. I don't feel I need the booster but might change my mind down the road.