Best tie rod / drag link kit?

IndominusHuman

JK Enthusiast
What are everyone's thoughts on the best tie rod/drag link kit? I am upgrading. I am thinking of going RockJock Currectlync, but there are a few more options out there. I think I would like to buy this weekend as there are some labor day sales going on.

As far as TJs go, the Currectlync is the best steering setup.

With JKs though, I've heard mixed results. I these guys make a very good setup from what I'm told:

They are very close to me too!

With JKs though, I've heard mixed results. I these guys make a very good setup from what I'm told:

So what I am hearing Chris, is that if this isn’t the best thing ever you’ll go beat them up for me? 😂😂 Just messing. I will look into their stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris

Well Chris, I owe you a beer whenever I make it out to Arizona. I think I will go with Doetsch. I have heard good things about aluminum steering setups, but I thought they would be super expensive. For 500 and a lifetime warranty....I’m game!

the next question...should I just go ahead andget a upgraded steering stabilizer (the Fox 2.0. With this I won’t need the clamp as it comes with a 1.5 inch clamp.) or just buy their clamp for 50 extra bucks...

Well Chris, I owe you a beer whenever I make it out to Arizona. I think I will go with Doetsch. I have heard good things about aluminum steering setups, but I thought they would be super expensive. For 500 and a lifetime warranty....I’m game!

the next question...should I just go ahead andget a upgraded steering stabilizer (the Fox 2.0. With this I won’t need the clamp as it comes with a 1.5 inch clamp.) or just buy their clamp for 50 extra bucks...

Yeah, those guys seem to build a really good setup and know what they are doing. The fact that it's aluminum is a big plus too. Like you said, with a lifetime warranty, that's hard to beat!

The steering stabilizer upgrade won't actually do anything. If you want the bling, buy the Fox stabilizer but realize it won't be anything more than bling. If you don't care about the bling, just buy their clamp and reuse the stock one (y)

Yeah, those guys seem to build a really good setup and know what they are doing. The fact that it's aluminum is a big plus too. Like you said, with a lifetime warranty, that's hard to beat!

The steering stabilizer upgrade won't actually do anything. If you want the bling, buy the Fox stabilizer but realize it won't be anything more than bling. If you don't care about the bling, just buy their clamp and reuse the stock one (y)
Gotcha, I had heard that if a Jeep is set up correctly, you can basically drive it without a steering stabilizer. My dad however raves about his fox steering stabilizer, maybe this is just an old man stuck in his ways. I will get their clamp and use my factor SS. Worst case scenario I can buy a stabilizer later on.

Can't wait to have tight steering and no shaking when hitting 70-80 😂

Gotcha, I had heard that if a Jeep is set up correctly, you can basically drive it without a steering stabilizer. My dad however raves about his fox steering stabilizer, maybe this is just an old man stuck in his ways. I will get their clamp and use my factor SS. Worst case scenario I can buy a stabilizer later on.

Can't wait to have tight steering and no shaking when hitting 70-80 😂

Absolutely correct. You can drive all day long without a stabilizer and you won't even notice it's missing. This of course assumes you don't have some sort of underlying issue. This is why dumping tons of money into a steering stabilizer is senseless, unless you're doing it just for the bling factor.

my personal opinion would be the synergy hd tierod with the metal caps for antiroll. I have a psc hydraulic assist ram attached to it as well. Haven't had any problems with it. As far as the drag link, the only one i Haven't broke yet it the teraflex draglink.

Hi All,
This is the first time up here and need some advise on tie rod, tie rod ends and maybe boots.
I have 2013 JKU Wrangle Unlimited and 4 years ago i had 4WP put on either a Rockclaw or Currie tie rod and drag link.
It was supposed to be Currie but I may have ended with Rockclaw.

The issue is the 2 tie rod boots need replacing and everyone is telling me I have to replace whole arm for $972. I have only done ~25k since install.
Nobody wants to sell/install boots or even rod ends.
They say its a safety issue.
Can someone tell if this smoke or true ?

Hi All,
This is the first time up here and need some advise on tie rod, tie rod ends and maybe boots.
I have 2013 JKU Wrangle Unlimited and 4 years ago i had 4WP put on either a Rockclaw or Currie tie rod and drag link.
It was supposed to be Currie but I may have ended with Rockclaw.

The issue is the 2 tie rod boots need replacing and everyone is telling me I have to replace whole arm for $972. I have only done ~25k since install.
Nobody wants to sell/install boots or even rod ends.
They say its a safety issue.
Can someone tell if

When you say Rockcrawl im assuming you mean Rockcrawler.
Reputable, Quality tie rods and drag links have replaceable
ends. 100 percent .
Barnes
Doetsch
Currie
Rockcrawler
To just name 4 have replaceable ends.
As long as threads aren't damaged in anyway toatally
safe to just replace the ends. Sounds like someone's
giving you inaccurate info.
Here are current ads from above manufacture's
showing ends available with pricing etc.
Keep in mînd these are 1 ton replacement ends.
Don't know what you have now . One ton ends are
bit larger than stock so will need wheels with 4.5"
backspacing .
If your current tie rods are 1 tons than you should be good
to replace just the ends.
If unsure which ones to get just send Rockcrawler or Currie,
depending what you have , an email
with a pic of your current ends and they could advise on
replacement . Hope this helps . Let us know how it turns out .
IMG_2312.PNG
IMG_2313.PNG
IMG_2314.PNG
IMG_2315.PNG

Last edited: