Are JK fenders known to have poor paint quality and / or issues?

Ive got factory colour matched fenders. Paint holding up really well. Well other than brush scratches but that is par for the course living in BC. We call it BC pinstripping . Wondering if previous owner attempted to paint and didn't do a good job prepping or painting .

Reactions: mrjp
Gave the new ride a bath today, then cleaned out all of the french fries & sticky nickels out from under the seats.
I learned that each of the fenders has a strange discoloration of paint, that appear to all be from the same reason, although slightly different in each case.

This appears to be related to a contaminant on the fenders before being painted, but I'm not sure of that.
Any ideas what it could be from?
View attachment 120864 View attachment 120865 View attachment 120866
The way the damage is localized looks as if something had been spilled, and possibly allowed to dry. In fact, I might suspect birds did the dirty work, considering the shapes and appearance. But unless there are some truly scary pigeons around, that probably isn't the case. I had a girl friend once who in a fit of teenage something or other egged the county sheriff's personal car - to be sure, he deserved it. The egg white dried and literally peeled paint off the car. That's all I can think of. She was never caught, BTW.