Are 33s even worth it?

This is my go to site for tire size checking Tiresize.com

I run 285/ 70 / r17s which are essentially 32.7ish x 11.2

View attachment 116092

In this pick I have a 1.5 teraflex basic leveling kit. Tomorrow I'm installing the teraflex 2.5 spring kit with the vss shocks.. unless I get rained out.

One thing to remember when increasing the size of your tires you can create clearance issues with stock rims. These tires would physically not fit on the jeep with stock rims, I needed more back spacing. My buddy still picks on me about that.
How heavy is the bumper in this pic? With the leveling kit, did the bumper create any sag on the front suspension?

It's been quite awhile, I don't remember if I had my winch or not at that point.

The leveling kit really did what it was supposed to do, it just leveled the vehicle out. Yes with a heavier bumper the front is less high, but it's all about making it the right height for you. Whether that is based on appearance or function is totally up to you.

I don’t mean anything by it, just curious really. Why buy a Jeep if you don’t off-road?

I have a similar thought about those that own jeep but never take the top off. If I had a garage, I would never put a hard top on. Just rock the soft top all winter long.

One of the main reasons I have a jeep is because it is a convertible, that I can drive in the winter no matter the condition, and on hot days I can put the top down and door off. I would like to offroad more, but there isn't much around me that isn't privately owned.

There is a CJ group near me, but they all seem to be related.

I have a similar thought about those that own jeep but never take the top off. If I had a garage, I would never put a hard top on. Just rock the soft top all winter long.

One of the main reasons I have a jeep is because it is a convertible, that I can drive in the winter no matter the condition, and on hot days I can put the top down and door off. I would like to offroad more, but there isn't much around me that isn't privately owned.

There is a CJ group near me, but they all seem to be related.
I see, that makes sense. I thought after the fact maybe if someone lives rurally and have harsh weather conditions.