Anyone know what this little black box is?

I agree it's aftermarket, but I don't see what you mean about the sticker...
If you look in the picture where I took apart the dash and circled the box, you can see in the background a stick that says 2011 JK LH Floor duct. Mr MacGuyver had good eyes. Now I am wondering why that is there.

Thank you for the suggestion. Tracing down wires makes me nervous and frying the entire thing, or something else just not working. It seems tied into something else. I thought about unplugging the harness from the box unit as it looks like they should come out. But afraid of something not working. I hate electrical issues, always have.

That violet wire is a ground wire BUT, is only at ground potential with the door open, Have you tried pushining the button with the drivers door open?

Could it be garage door opener attached to some voltage to not mess with battery, and it only works when door is open. Just a thought.

That violet wire is a ground wire BUT, is only at ground potential with the door open, Have you tried pushining the button with the drivers door open?
I pushed the button, just can’t recall if done with door open or closed. That said based on a post earlier in this thread and the diagram seemed like the violet wire is power mirror motor wire.

I pushed the button, just can’t recall if done with door open or closed. That said based on a post earlier in this thread and the diagram seemed like the violet wire is power mirror motor wire.
The connector shown in a previous post is NOT the connector your wire is connected to. It is a connector on the inside of the door. The drivers door interior light control is the violet wire in the connector that comes off the door. The connector you unplug when you take the doors off. Drivers side is violet. The passenger side is violet with a white stripe and on the 4 doors they are violet with yellow stripe and violet with grey stripe. In every case these violet wires go to ground when the door is opened. Trust me I know this for a fact.

I haven’t figured it out yet. Too be honest haven’t had the time. Did a few other things on her Jeep, one assembly an door rack. The wire has been disconnect from the door harness for over a week and no issues. We removed the doors Saturday so the harness is completly disconnected, no issues. I do plan on removing the panel and unscrewing the metal plate again and seeing if I can determine any model information, FCC number etc. and run it through the FCC site JerryD has posted. I’ll update the post when I do it. Doubt it will be this weekend.

I found this online using Google view:
That is amazing! I tried google view, but it came up empty! Maybe I didn’t do it right. So that is basically exactly what I have. So question is do I trace down the wires and snip them all back together or leave it? Seems like there are a lot of wires coming out the back of it for an alarm. Thank you very much!

Reactions: mrjp
That is amazing! I tried google view, but it came up empty! Maybe I didn’t do it right. So that is basically exactly what I have. So question is do I trace down the wires and snip them all back together or leave it? Seems like there are a lot of wires coming out the back of it for an alarm. Thank you very much!
If the door alarm works like it should and there's no other adverse effects I would just leave it.

If the door alarm works like it should and there's no other adverse effects I would just leave it.
Everything seems to work fine when I disconnected the tap wire from the door harness. Guess my concern is if it acts up may cause the Jeep to not start. Flip side I mess it up during removal it may not start. I’ve done a little checking pretty much seems splicing all the wires back together and some of them from the unit to complete the circuit.