Anyone else have the interior lock trim break?

Danarch

JK Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
A couple of months ago I stop at the store to pick up a few things and come back out to the Jeep, open the door, hop inside and see the door bezel trim is broken out of the door panel. I think ”that is odd, someone try and break into the Jeep with a hanger or something. But I don’t see any indications of that, it’s just odd. I order a replacement and fix it. Then the Saturday before last we are four wheeling, my wife comes up and says “Hey my door lock thingy broke just like yours. All I did was shut the door. I circled the area were the two plastic tabs just broke off. Anyone else experience this? Just curious.

23892FF2-3C10-4866-A591-B3A9EB7D77EB.jpeg
A590C6F6-CCC1-41B3-8F0B-45FE6FF77F1A.jpeg

Reactions: Dirty Dog
They are both 2015, one a Rubicon and one a Sahara. Part is somewhat reasonable in cost and about 5 minute task to replace it so no issue there. Just seems like an odd thing to break.

Dog nails scratches, lots and lots of scratches on all the interior plastic, and outside paint finish. Would like to paint Mil spec army green this summer. Out of the spray can, could not look any worse. LOL

Reactions: Dirty Dog and mrjp