Any idea what this is?

FLCoastJK

Recently purchased my 2016 JK Rubicon and just ran across this box under the drivers seat. Looks like something aftermarket, but not sure what it would be. Any ideas?

Jeep Part.jpg

Interesting. I see a crystal on the board and an electret mic... What is the db25 cable connect to on the other end?

Interesting. I see a crystal on the board and an electret mic... What is the db25 cable connect to on the other end?
It's suspicious looking for sure ..Run down where that coax is going ... post a photo of what it says on the back or the bottom.

So I tried hitting the power button, and all the switches. No lights came on and nothing seemed to happen. I tracked down the wiring under the seat and still don't have any idea what this is. The name on it looks like it say EastSun, but couldn't find anything online about that either.

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Have you looked in the engine compartment for some wires that don't look factory, my guess it was for some lights the PO might have decided to keep.

Reactions: mrjp
Have you looked in the engine compartment for some wires that don't look factory, my guess it was for some lights the PO might have decided to keep.
I think @BLACKJKU is on to something. That company looks like it makes lighting products and the buttons could stand for Steady Chase Pulse... obviously we're all guessing. Welcome to the World of Previous Owners ;)

I think @BLACKJKU is on to something. That company looks like it makes lighting products and the buttons could stand for Steady Chase Pulse... obviously we're all guessing. Welcome to the World of Previous Owners ;)

These Jeeps were used alot for mail delivery and they always had alot of flashing and blinking lights on them.

All the wiring under the seat seems to stay there. There are two tiny power wires going to the unit, so obviously not a huge power hog. There are what looks to be two small wires going out from under the seat. I am new to Jeeps but will pop the hood today to see if I see anything that looks like it wasn't stock.

Got under the hood, see small wiring going up to a relay. Also see a small wiring harness off the battery with a inline fuse. I am thinking @BLACKJKU was onto something and there was a past light bar. Good thing is, there will be a new light bar coming soon...

Thanks for all the help folks.

Reactions: mrjp and BLACKJKU
Got under the hood, see small wiring going up to a relay. Also see a small wiring harness off the battery with a inline fuse. I am thinking @BLACKJKU was onto something and there was a past light bar. Good thing is, there will be a new light bar coming soon...

Thanks for all the help folks.

No problem had to be something easy, if you can find the wire ends you could use a 12v test light and then push the buttons to see if there is power there.

Reactions: mrjp