Aftermarket Backup Camera

Runner51761

Hello everyone! I’m looking into buying a aftermarket backup camera for my 2016 JKU it will make unloading and loading my boat much easier if I can see the boat and trailer. Just trying to find a decent one that will work and not too bad to install. Thanks for any recommendations in advance….

A couple of us on the forum have the Wolfbox setup and have been very happy with it. Simple to install and works well.

Reactions: Dirty Dog
Are you looking for a stand-alone unit with its own screen, or are you planning to integrate a camera into your existing radio?
i don’t have a monitor on my factory radio, so yes a stand alone unit. I been thinking now after a couple days of just getting a new radio with monitor . I’m just old school and not very good with all this tech stuff. Wouldn’t know where to start …. Lol

Reactions: Dirty Dog
i don’t have a monitor on my factory radio, so yes a stand alone unit. I been thinking now after a couple days of just getting a new radio with monitor .
I used THIS unit from Awesafe in both of JKURs. It's a floating unit, rather than replacing dash panels.
IMG_5750.JPG
I’m just old school and not very good with all this tech stuff. Wouldn’t know where to start …. Lol
Modern units are plug & play. You only have to mount the camera and run the wires to the front. And that is a truly simple thing.

If you're only replacing the head unit to get a backup camera, you might want to consider the Wolfbox smart mirror that @Danarch mentioned. At $116, it's far less expensive than a decent head unit, and has the advantage of improving sight out your rear regardless of obstructions. Check out the How-To thread to see just how easy it is to install.