Advice On 2015 Hard Rock

Tr0ut

Supporting Member
I'm going to look at a 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock tomorrow. Is there anything with that year or model that I should look out for? Looking to replace my DD and most of my Jeep knowledge is with the TJ. Thanks for your help!

_nc_ohc=gm6yF1ZflfAAX_6XkE7&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.jpg

I assume that is a picture of it, looks really clean. I purschaed a 2015 Rubi HR about two years ago with less then 15K on it and love it!

I don’t think there are any specific issued related to the Rubi HR to be aware of. There have been reports of head issues with 2013/14 but those seemed to have been worked out by the time 2015 models came out. I suggest taking a look underneath for any damages, leaks, etc. Make sure to take it for a drive and engage the 4WD on some dirt road or parking lot. I suggest engaging the lockers to see if they work. Also try the anti-sway bar disconnect, they have been known to have issues as the electronics upfront can get wet and then corroded, but that wouldn’t necessarily stop me from buying it.

Is an auto or 6sp? If it is an auto it will either have 3.73 or 4.10 gears, if 6sp it will have the 4.10, unless someone special ordered it with some special setup. Of course this assume it is stock, which it looks like It.

Reactions: Lxxtsy and BigAL07
I'm going to look at a 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock tomorrow. Is there anything with that year or model that I should look out for? Looking to replace my DD and most of my Jeep knowledge is with the TJ. Thanks for your help!

View attachment 123784
I bought a 14’ Rubi with about 18k miles on it about 7 months ago and love it. Btw, great looking color!

Reactions: BigAL07
On a '15 there are a couple of issues that might pop up that seem to be common. One is a miniscule radiator leak, usually at the expansion tanks. The other is a coolant/oil leak from the oil cooler. If there is fluid in the engine valley, that is a sign. Not a difficult repair, but involved.

Post up what happens!!! ;)

Reactions: mrjp and BigAL07
We’re also TJ/JKU family; ours also happens to be a ‘15.
Since buying ours a year ago, we have -Rebuilt the top end due to the cam/valve tick.
-Replaced the battery (yellow top Optima).
-Upgraded the stereo to a 10.1” Android unit.
-Replaced both bumpers.
-Added a switch pod on the A-pillar.
-Added an aux relay/fuse block under the hood.
-Added a USB port to the rear (for tailgating, etc.).
-Fixed the rear defrost connection on the glass.
-Ordered a replacement TIPM.

We’re happy with the vehicle itself, but that $4k engine repair and the $700 TIPM were both unexpected and unwelcome.

Can’t wait to be done fixing things on it.
Interesting enough, if I run our VIN, it comes up as the JKUR HR edition, but it doesn’t look like the one in your original pic.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp