Adjustable Caster

TargetOz

Hi guys,
I have an issue with my front springs touching the bump stops on approaching full compression or when I drive into a pot hole while off roading, it makes a terrible sound like the springs binding up but have found evidence that the right side spring is in fact hitting the bump stop the left side does at times. Even to look at the spring it seems like its curved and not straight. So, I have read that the caster isnt adjustable, well could someone please explain what the 3 holes are for on my body mounts for the upper control arms?
These 3 holes are not directly below each other but are for better a word sloped. My upper arms are set in the middle hole and since I want to rotate my diff forward to give it less caster and fix the spring issue if I were to use the top hole it would appear to correct the caster? Has anyone else seen this on their JK?

Thoughts,
Thanks in advance.
Steve.

Hi guys,
I have an issue with my front springs touching the bump stops on approaching full compression or when I drive into a pot hole while off roading, it makes a terrible sound like the springs binding up but have found evidence that the right side spring is in fact hitting the bump stop the left side does at times. Even to look at the spring it seems like its curved and not straight. So, I have read that the caster isnt adjustable, well could someone please explain what the 3 holes are for on my body mounts for the upper control arms?
These 3 holes are not directly below each other but are for better a word sloped. My upper arms are set in the middle hole and since I want to rotate my diff forward to give it less caster and fix the spring issue if I were to use the top hole it would appear to correct the caster? Has anyone else seen this on their JK?

Thoughts,
Thanks in advance.
Steve.

Sounds like you need some adjustable control arms (and track bars), which will correct caster or at least improve it depending on how high your lift is.

The spring is going to curve because your lift will make the axle move back and to the driver side relative to the body of the Jeep.

The drive shaft tries to keep a straight line to the front pumpkin, which also rolls the axle forward thus losing your caster and causing a bunch of issues.

This is why so many lifts go wrong when you go over 3". The adjustable control arms and track bars are mandatory past that point imho.

Reactions: Anybodyhome