ABS to PCM VIN mismatch at dealer

jenn850

I bought my daughter a 2010 jeep wrangler 4 door and everything worked properly during test drive. On the way home, it threw a code saying there was a problem with the knock sensor. Took it to dealer, they ended up replacing several sensors and now it says there is a VIN mismatch - the dealer can't get it to take. I checked in on it this weekend and now the fuel gauge, speedometer, and AC don't work. Dealer says they can't find anyone to flash the ECM? to fix the issue, but it's mechanically sound. Am I wrong in thinking it is not because of the new issues? I fear we're going to have to go through buyback and start fresh....

Was it a private or dealer sale? If dealer sale unless the receipt or sales invoice reads specifically " Sold As Is".
I would return it and get your money back. If private sale hold on. Jeeps can be and are quite reliable usually.
But they are also known for electrical gremlins which sometimes can be difficult to fig out.
Never heard of a VIN mismatch before. Maybe some other members can offer advice that will help.