#5 cylinder misfire & secondary coil ground fault

Sorry this...

20230822_191821.jpg

Got it...it came up on this forum so I don't feel so bad...I don't see exposed wires pins look good. Do you have care to post a couple of pics of the engine bay so I can see where stuff is connected? I've got some oddities to me...see? I'm assuming one line is disconnected goes somewhere??? And the long one just hangs across to battery and so it comes loose...?

20230822_203414.png

20230822_203405.jpg

I can’t find that small hose location but what I’m pointing to is where that hose you’re looking for goes. If you have vacuum leaks that can lead to misfires too. As you can tell I’m doing the same thing you are. Think my misfires fixed but I’m trying to figure out why I get a cat inefficiency code with new cats

61D7149E-8FEF-47ED-AF80-69B5AA06B0D4.jpeg

My evap line is just sitting on top I see yours is ran under the heater hose (which the back end black hose where the metal line runs into the rubber hose right pass the clamp, is cracked I see) if I see correctly prolly why mine is unstable someone just shoved it back there. The disconnected line goes to the underside of the vacuum pump.

Last edited:
Previous owner had a motor put in mine guy did a hack job as far as I can tell so mine could not all be In correct place that evap peice was sitting next to my battery
Ever solce your p0305 and p2314 issue? I had to replace pcm....great for about 700 miles....CEL back on...threw a new
coil on....drove through some drive cycles....CEL went off...285 miles later....back on.

I’m still fighting mine too. I’ve stumped 2 mechanics. I just realized it happened the day after I got new keys made going to try reflashing the keys. If not I’m going to try local dealer.

I’ve done 2 new pcm ticm fuse box coil packs plugs taken valve cover off to inspect springs and rockers compressoin test at 160 psi. Removed wire harness and ohmed out the whole thing still the same problem

Dealership is probably where it’s going next. Mine a 13 jku sport. Waiting to hear back from key place because it literally happened on the way home took me awhile to remember it was that close

Dealership is probably where it’s going next. Mine a 13 jku sport. Waiting to hear back from key place because it literally happened on the way home took me awhile to remember it was that close
Correlation is not causation. There is nothing about a key that will causes a single cylinder misfire.
Take the coil off and swap it to another cylinder. If the misfire follows it, then replace the coil. If it doesn't, fix the wiring.

Correlation is not causation. There is nothing about a key that will causes a single cylinder misfire.
Take the coil off and swap it to another cylinder. If the misfire follows it, then replace the coil. If it doesn't, fix the wiring.
I have all new coil packs new plugs I’ve even moved them around. I moved the injectors around it always stays at cylinder 5. I removed engine harness completely took shielding off inspected it ohmed it all out couldn’t find any problems. I’m replaced the pcm and the ticm fuse box. It has 160-170 psi in all 3 cylinder on passanger side. I’ve checked power to everything when it’s running also I can’t find any issues. Any other ideas