3 thermostats in 6 months

acproano

Howdy. If anyone has any insight as to what I may be dealing with, that would be a life (and wallet) saver.

My 2014 Sport had the oil cooler pump fail in December. Replaced the entire cooling system due to oil getting in the radiator. So oil pump, radiator, tubes, thermostat, etc. replaced. Two months thereafter, starts overheating again. Went back to the shop and they warrantied it out. Then, again two months later—overheating, replaced yet another thermostat. Now, 6 months after a complete coolant system overhaul, I am in need of a fourth thermostat.

This most recent failure had some weird issues—high oil pressure, bogging down when I would have to accelerate quickly, running a little rough.

What could be causing these repeated failures?? Has anyone run into this issue before? Is my rig just cursed now?

There has been a few discussions about thermostats lately have you read through them?

I did replace head gaskets, trans hasn’t read as hotter than normal during the current mishap. Could it be the tans cooler even if it’s running at a normal temp?
Sure. Pressure in your cooling system is 16-18PSI. In your transmission lines, it's up to 200PSI. So if there is a leak, it'll be FROM the transmission INTO the coolant. So there's no real reason your transmission would get hot, especially with a small leak.

It's also entirely possible that you need to call an exorcist, or burn some sage, or something.

Sure. Pressure in your cooling system is 16-18PSI. In your transmission lines, it's up to 200PSI. So if there is a leak, it'll be FROM the transmission INTO the coolant. So there's no real reason your transmission would get hot, especially with a small leak.

It's also entirely possible that you need to call an exorcist, or burn some sage, or something.
My Nut Bar dog girlfriends lab up the road is named Sage. And that movie again. Past post, I have no back up camera. All Good