3.8 vs 3.6 Catback Exhaust Differences

BSchanze

Need some help - I have a 2011 Unlimited Sahara w/ 3.8l and I'm looking for a high clearance cat-back exhaust that isn't loud. I've come across the Mangaflow Overland Series Cat-Back Performance exhaust system 19539 (https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...-cat-back-performance-exhaust-system-19539but). It checks all the boxes of what I'm looking for but it's only made for the 3.6 engine.

A lot of other manufacturers make cat-back exhaust that fit all JKUs from 07-18. I know there is a mid-pipe resonator that was added to the 3.6l other than that I can't find much difference b/w exhaust systems both 2.5in. Can someone educate me on the differences and reasons why this wouldn't fit a 2011 3.8 - is there a part interference, tuning issue, hanger placement, etc...? I've reached out to Magnaflow but haven't heard back yet.

I broke a hanger on the rusted out stock muffler which dented the mid pipe on the track bar... want to replace the whole thing since its pretty rusty. If anyone has info or other suggestions on cat-backs let me know. Pic for interest...

DSC_8021.jpg