285/70/17 for stock (no lift) 2014 Wrangler Rubicon 2-door?

Spacers are a bad idea, and a lift probably depends on what you do with the Jeep.

Going to a taller tire you'll need to reprogram your Speedometer and possibly replace your gears if you have 3.21's.

Spacers are a bad idea, and a lift probably depends on what you do with the Jeep.

Going to a taller tire you'll need to reprogram your Speedometer and possibly replace your gears if you have 3.21's.
Thanks! Mostly onroad and light offroad. 3.73s so I think I'll go ahead with it. I'll YouTube the speedo reprogramming.

Wheel spacers bad IMO, if you are referring to a spring spacer for lift that’s okay. But from the subject line I assume you are referring to wheel spacers.

Reactions: Nericson
Wheel spacers are pretty much always a bad idea.
YouTubeing speedo recalibration won't really help much. It cannot be done with the usual mechanical tools. You need a programmer. The most popular option here is to download JScan and get one of the various dongles that work with it. I use this one, and it seems to be pretty popular.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGB4873/?tag=jkforum-20
JScan and the dongle will cost around $60, for a single vehicle license.

I added this tire size on our stock 2015 & I'm getting a slight rub at full lock.
I chased it down to what appears to be the sway bar on the right (passenger) side.

I'll have to dig in a little more when I have time, but I already ordered .75" spacers to level the front suspension, so I'll be under there soon anyway.

I added this tire size on our stock 2015 & I'm getting a slight rub at full lock.
I chased it down to what appears to be the sway bar on the right (passenger) side.

I'll have to dig in a little more when I have time, but I already ordered .75" spacers to level the front suspension, so I'll be under there soon anyway.
Had the same issue on my wife’s JK. I put a washer behind the jamb stop bolt solved the problem till we got her new rims.

Reactions: WestCoastDan
I have these on my 2012 JKU with 1.5" spacers. Alot of offroaders use spacers. I have had them on my TJ for over 4 years. Like someone mentioned above you may be able to get away with a thinner spacer. 1.5 was the best advice I could find online.

I did this on my JKU as I was able to find that tire size in Falkans as take offs from a new Gladiator. It saved me hundreds of dollars. That I otherwise could not afford. New tires are getting very pricey.

Reactions: BigAL07
Lots of Rubicon/Gladiator takeoffs around these parts with 285/70R17 tires installed on JKs. To my uneducated eye it doesn't seem like they are lifted at all. Maybe they have limited the steering as others suggested??

Screenshot_20231021-134142~2.png

Reactions: WestCoastDan