2016 JKU Interior Lights Won't turn off

tdale33

Thank you everyone in advance, I've searched believe me.

I have tried to do 200% of everything I can think of and I'm really at a loss for words.

I haven't made any mods to my jeep in over a year. Lets start with that.

IF I leave the M20 fuse in my lights will not turn off at all any of them. Doesnt matter if I have all the doors on or all the doors OFF.

I've even disconnected both pigtails on the turn signal stalk and the lights STILL stay on. Also, I don't think this is the issue because when I turn the headlights on the dimmer function works for the cluster lights. Also I noticed when the turn signal is plugged in if I make it go into the on position all the lights get brighter and when I move it off the on position they are still on but 90% power? Its like the difference of when your door is open and it you hit the manual button. Also hitting the button does nothing. either map light also the floor lights never turn off.

All of this happens no matter if the car is on/off in ACC. doesn't matter. Actually it might be a thing to note here. If the car is not on or no key in it, if I put the fuse back in the lights are off but if I try to hit a manual light button the light wont come on.

I've traced the wires the best I can without ripping the car apart completely but even after unplugging the wiring harness that is for the overhead dome lights the floor lights stay on as well.

I've unplugged the rear trunk dome light and the floor lights stay on as well.

I cannot find a wiring diagram to save my life on where the M20 fuse goes or where the grounds are.

Can anyone help me with this?

I really hope someone has seen this before :(

Thank you everyone in advance, I've searched believe me.

I have tried to do 200% of everything I can think of and I'm really at a loss for words.

I haven't made any mods to my jeep in over a year. Lets start with that.

IF I leave the M20 fuse in my lights will not turn off at all any of them. Doesnt matter if I have all the doors on or all the doors OFF.

I've even disconnected both pigtails on the turn signal stalk and the lights STILL stay on. Also, I don't think this is the issue because when I turn the headlights on the dimmer function works for the cluster lights. Also I noticed when the turn signal is plugged in if I make it go into the on position all the lights get brighter and when I move it off the on position they are still on but 90% power? Its like the difference of when your door is open and it you hit the manual button. Also hitting the button does nothing. either map light also the floor lights never turn off.

All of this happens no matter if the car is on/off in ACC. doesn't matter. Actually it might be a thing to note here. If the car is not on or no key in it, if I put the fuse back in the lights are off but if I try to hit a manual light button the light wont come on.

I've traced the wires the best I can without ripping the car apart completely but even after unplugging the wiring harness that is for the overhead dome lights the floor lights stay on as well.

I've unplugged the rear trunk dome light and the floor lights stay on as well.

I cannot find a wiring diagram to save my life on where the M20 fuse goes or where the grounds are.

Can anyone help me with this?

I really hope someone has seen this before :(

Isn't there a relay for the headlights, if so swap it for another one that's the same in the Box.

You can look here maybe you'll find some wiring info.

Headlights are working fine. Are you saying its a part of the interior lights?

No I miss read your issue, but maybe you'll find help in the link I gave you.

By any chance did you change the interior lights to LED's?

Nope all stock thats why i said I haven't touched anything or added anything since I bought the jeep in march of 2023. I was driving to work and noticed all the int lights were on and it was dark out so I stopped at a 7-11 and yanked out fuse M20 to turn them off.

From what I can tell nothing is affected besides the lights by yanking M20. I also have a Sport with no power options and a soft-top so who knows.

Nope all stock thats why i said I haven't touched anything or added anything since I bought the jeep in march of 2023. I was driving to work and noticed all the int lights were on and it was dark out so I stopped at a 7-11 and yanked out fuse M20 to turn them off.

From what I can tell nothing is affected besides the lights by yanking M20. I also have a Sport with no power options and a soft-top so who knows.

Have you tried unplugging the connector at the doors to see if they go out?

all the doors are OFF I live in Florida. I've had tube doors on since march :) I also tried putting all the doors back on and plugging them all in. It doesn't fix it.

I don’t use it much, but doesn’t the knob for the headlights / driving lights have an option to turn the interior lights on? If so have you checked that it didn’t get moved / bumped to the on position?

Reactions: BLACKJKU
Yeah so if you read i put in there when I turn that off and on the lights get brighter on and dimmer off.. Something is really odd here.

Yeah so if you read i put in there when I turn that off and on the lights get brighter on and dimmer off.. Something is really odd here.

It sounds like a couple wires shorted together.

Any chance the Multifunctial Switch got wet?

I dont think thats it because as I said in the original post when I completely remove and unplug it the lights stay on. I tried finding wiring diags in the links you posted but the only thing there is my car manual.