2016 JK Anyone have their dash warning lights and chime come on in a spasm for a few seconds

I would start by checking to see if the battery is good. Then checking to make sure the post and cables are clean and of course that the cables are tight to the post. Also check the primary ground from the battery to Jeep.

Reactions: JeepJeezy and mrjp
I had something like that but it completely immobilized my vehicle for a few weeks. It turned out to be a bit of corrosion on plugs under the fuse box.
I don't believe that the ESC is supposed to stay on. Is it on all the time? If it is, then you should get that checked out. The other lights are both related to the brake system, so maybe there is a circuit problem that should be chased down. I have a manual so thing are a little different.

I had the same thing happen to me coming home from a beach trip. Stopped at a gas station and found out my positive battery clamp was loose. Tightened the clamp up and it hasn't happened since.

Reactions: Duster
If the ESC light stays on all the time, then you need to figure that out. It may be a wheel speed sensor that is causing it.

Mine did the same thing yours did, but it stayed on (right at the beginning of a three hour drive), so after a few miles I pulled off the highway, shut down, and reset my codes with JScan. The lights stayed off for the rest of the trip there and the return one.

At 208K I live with an engine light on, so the 100 miles it stayed off for me that day was kinda nice.

Last edited:
When turn signal unit starts to exhibit wear, it will cause all kinds of dash lights and indicator blinking on and off issues...

Just food for thought

WHEN TURN SIGNAL UNIT STARTS TO EXHIBIT WEAR, IT WILL CAUSE ALL KINDS OF DASH LIGHTS AND INDICATOR BLINKING ON AND OFF ISSUES...

JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT
As a request, can you please not use caps for posts. I'll be honest it's hard to read. I know it's considered shouting in old forums and chats, I'm not sure if that still holds, but for me, it's just really rough to read and I tend to skip posts like that.

Reactions: Dirty Dog